PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fifty50 BRM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fifty50 BRM

whats a good bankroll for fifty50s?

I will prolly somewhere in excess of 24 table potentially more of these as they never really get down past 6 players so how many buyins would be considered good brm?

what buyin? and did you give up on the Supers? the variance there is horrible, you would probably need 3 times the bankroll to play them vs the 50/50... A friend on another network played supers exclusively (won the leaderboard) and had a 3% roi, which was the best of all the regs, and routinely went on 200 buyin downswings.... in a single day.. and he was playing from 500 to 1000 a day

Comment

you know jdawg too?

and i dont think buy in really matters tbh I more the quadrupled my roll so im trying to decide what level i might want to start at. been watching the handful of videos i can find and reading a ton of strat posts on them as well
      Last edited by matt0278; Mon Oct 10, 2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

yup lol and buyin still matters, cause no matter what variance will happen at some point, but I think if you start with 75 buyins in the 5050 you will be pretty safe.. much less variance than supers, but the rake is killer, you need to win around 2/3 to beat the rake and make profit, but if your goal is VPP's than who cares lol

Comment

the goal is to win monies and make vpps to get more money 75 buyins sounds good to me too but with mass multi tabling i wasnt too sure. the hypers were horrible for 3 days str8 i lost 15 buyins and looking over the HHs i was way below ev losing 99% of the 60/40s. fifty50s seem pretty safe as long as you know what your doing

Comment

1/100th of your bankroll is where to start in them, to be able to withstand the variance runs.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

is there really that high of variance in fifty50s?

Comment

yep they are fairly high variance, comes down to coinflips on the bubble most of the time, might as well play hyper turbos imo

Comment

Hi TeaCupPig72

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline, this link will help you find your way around.

Enjoy your stay, and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaCupPig72 View Post
                    yep they are fairly high variance, comes down to coinflips on the bubble most of the time, might as well play hyper turbos imo

I agree with this guy... I started playing the 50/50, thinking it was the best bankroll builder... IT IS NOT. You have to win a ridiculously large number of chips before the cutoff to make it worthwhile. Very deceiving math. It gets a little better at the $100 or higher buy-in if you can be consistent.

IMO, 18 person SNGs are the best bankroll builder. @ $60 buy-in you get $400 for 1st place, $100 for 4th. I manage to cash about 50% of the time. Hell, yesterday I won 3 in a row! Then I lost 3 in row, but that meant I was still up over $800.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.