PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is three betting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is three betting?

What does it mean if you three bet? And why is called 3 betting? I know itsl ike something if you reraise but why do they call it three bet?
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

3 betting is placing the second raise in a pre-flop hand, or 3rd bet in a post flop hand.
    The BB is considered the first bet, then if a player raises the BB, that is the 2nd bet, and if you re-raise the original raiser, you've placed the 3rd bet.
    Post flop, a bet is the first, a raise is the second bet, and the 2nd raise is called a 3-bet...it goes on after that to 4-bet, 5-bet, etc.
    Hope that is clear.

Comment

Thank you umbup:umbup: I was wondering where the 3 bet came from so if the bb is the first bet that makes sense.
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Correct.
        In the wsop ME, a guy 6-bet w/ A6 pre-flop and the opponent had AA..guess which hand won?

Comment

I'm guessing the guy with AA figured his hand wouldn't hold up and folded

Comment

He probably should have.

6 in the flop..Antonio Esfandiari (spelling?) was commentating..said something about a 6 hitting the river...and BAM.

Live is so rigged.

~~~Thank you Joy.

~~
            Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sat Aug 13, 2011, 07:10 AM. Reason: because Joy is on!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Comment

Only thing spelled wrong is "Antonio" !!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.