PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC poker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC poker

What is ABC poker? How do you play ABC poker? I know its like playing basic poker but can someone explain it more? Also can you win at all levels of poker playing this way?
    Last edited by pokerstar671; Sun Jun 19, 2011, 09:19 PM.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

I would sum it up like this...........

Preflop

You only play premium hands or those where the number of prior contributors to the pot have given you the correct odds to play a weaker hand.

Postflop

You only continue with the hand if you have "hit", you again have the correct odds to continue, or the board has given you an ideal opportunity to make a believable "bluff".

"Fancy" play with both strong and weak hands and attempting to "play the player" rather than the cards have no place in this style.

In my experience, this way of playing will make you a profit at micro to mid stakes, and to some degree this is what I hope to demonstrate in my forthcoming live sessions. However, it will only get you so far. And if you ever find yourself playing higher stakes games it's unlikely to bring you much success. Once you start competing against people who will 3 and 4 bet with air (does that sound like the league? ) you will need a few tricks of your own.

Comment

I think that ABC poker loses its effectiveness once everyone around you plays it close to perfectly themselves. I think that it's really just the basic set of skills required to start being profitable. Essentially, it's the REM process. If you can really learn that, that's all you really need to beat other players.

Comment

Thanks for your response guys. umbup:umbup:umbup:
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

??

found this 4 ya pkr-- are a couple links in it worth reading also-- gl- monk..

http://www.pokerlistings.com/strateg...ples-abc-poker

Comment

Thanks umbup:
            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
              found this 4 ya pkr-- are a couple links in it worth reading also-- gl- monk.. http://www.pokerlistings.com/strateg...ples-abc-poker
              Great reading for beginners Monk! umbup: ...and a few others

Comment

??

there are 6 or 7 links at the bottom also- really good-----------

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.