PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rules of texas holdem on line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rules of texas holdem on line

i was in a game on line and 4 players were from romania and refused to speak english i alerted the moderater and his answer was not all players speak english and he did not ask them to either. is it not a rule?. does the moderater not follow rules also?

I haven't heard of there being any rule changes to the language regulations. If you send this to support@pokerstars.com (I think that's their address), they could give you a less speculative answer.

Comment

rules

thank you

Comment

it does state in the chat box english only and as for what the mod said and didnt do is a suprise because everyone that has been called to a table I have been on for that has told them to speak english

Comment

rules

I sent the quetion to support@pokerstars.com they said the moderator has the discretion to ignore the difference in language and make there own decision. which they totally ignored the rule. ken

Comment

I have the google translator option on my browser tool bar ... If I am in doubt about the nature of the comments I cut and paste to the translator to figure out the gist of what they are saying .... if it affects play send copies to support and security ... they will get a chat ban or suspension of account.

Comment

Interesting. I figure since there's much less of an English-speaking audience in Stars' money games, they might now be less inclined to enforce the chat rule. I didn't know that mods were ignoring that rule now.

Comment

yea seems now the only enforce what suits them ..... hmmmmm lol

Comment

Originally posted by bisgirl209 View Post
                  I sent the quetion to support@pokerstars.com they said the moderator has the discretion to ignore the difference in language and make there own decision. which they totally ignored the rule. ken
                  Never heard that before.
                  I believe some tourneys do allow for non-english chat, but most say it's english only. If that's what it says, what can be left to anyone's discretion?

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.