PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 questions re the Glossary and a pre-flop bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions re the Glossary and a pre-flop bet

What is the quickest way to access the Glossary? I can't find a link for it.

Re: a pre flop bet - Let's say I have been dealt a pair of Aces. I know I should not slow play,I should raise. . . . . correct? What if another player has raised before me? Does that count as my raise and I can just call or must I raise again?
    Thanks for your help
    Wild Ginger

Search is your Friend!!!

Top right hand corner, blue box, search. Type in Glossary, scroll down new page and you will find the glossary article.

Normal play is to 3bet his raise, so if he bets 100, you should raise to 300, maybe even 400.

You do however have to take into account a myriad of other factors, like player type, stack sizes, texture and dynamic of the table, whether it is a SNG, ring game or tourney. Oh and this is just assuming you are talking about NLHE.

Have a good look at all the course material, the many articles, the live training videos and hand analysis. Find a style that suits you and then try it out at the play money tables before making any investment yourself.

TC

Oh and welcome BTW

Comment

Originally posted by ImWildGinger View Post
      What is the quickest way to access the Glossary? I can't find a link for it.

Re: a pre flop bet - Let's say I have been dealt a pair of Aces. I know I should not slow play,I should raise. . . . . correct? What if another player has raised before me? Does that count as my raise and I can just call or must I raise again?
      Thanks for your help
      Wild Ginger
      u should think about what u are trying to do, and what u will do later in the hand. for example, u could re-raise ur opponent (also known as 3-betting), or u could just "flat call." it just depends on the game u are in, what kind of opponent u are playing against, and if u want to win the hand right there or perhaps see a flop and get ur opponent to commit their stack with a worse hand. of course, it's hard for aces to improve post-flop, so u have to be weary of that, but it is also difficult for ur opponent to hit anything as well. like topthecat said, practicing on the play money tables makes u a better player before u start playing seriously for real money.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.