PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker Stars.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Stars.

I get insulted and defend my self at a game today and I get my chat suspended for a week. Thanks for nothing Poker stars.
    Last edited by TOO2COO; Sat Apr 09, 2011, 12:38 AM.

Just to let you know, it's not PokerStar that sucks
    If you got a week banned, it wasn't your first offense
    So next time watch what you say when you defend yourself

Comment

Wow! This is your first post in the forum - - good luck with that - - guessing one week was not enough - anybody have an over under on how many forum posts this guy makes before he is muted here as well? umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Astro705 View Post
        This is your first post in the forum - - good luck with that - - guessing one week was not enough - anybody have an over under on how many forum posts this guy makes before he is muted here as well? umbup:
        746. If he sticks around past his whiny first post. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by carpavi1953 View Post
          I get insulted and defend my self at a game today and I get my chat suspended for a week. Thanks for nothing Poker stars.

As you can see, most don't think much of your problem. However, I do. It is hard to ignore the comments that flash across the screen. Best thing to do when you are sending, never get too personal. Keep your comments directed at the cards and the play, never the player. There is a difference.

When such comments come your way, prove yourself the better person. Do not escallate the tension by trying to top their comments with some witty comeback, it will not work. Your best reply is none. If they continue, use the hand history to record their remarks and send it off to the appropriate authorities.

Finally, a lesson to remember from my sports officiating days. An official can miss a call, but they never miss a retaliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
            As you can see, most don't think much of your problem. However, I do. It is hard to ignore the comments that flash across the screen. Best thing to do when you are sending, never get too personal. Keep your comments directed at the cards and the play, never the player. There is a difference.

When such comments come your way, prove yourself the better person. Do not escallate the tension by trying to top their comments with some witty comeback, it will not work. Your best reply is none. If they continue, use the hand history to record their remarks and send it off to the appropriate authorities.

Finally, a lesson to remember from my sports officiating days. An official can miss a call, but they never miss a retaliation.
            Nice words of wisdom. If you are being banned from retaliation of what is being said to you then the person initiating it is achieving their goal by making you become emotional about the issue/topic. You don't want to mix your emotions while playing the game as it can affect the rest of your play.

Going back to sports like Cairn did, in Basketball if you let some other player get into your head your going to play like crap opposed to if you didn't let them get to you. You just need to try and ignore it. Like the saying goes, mind over matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post

very wise words...now if i can only remember to apply them in my life.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.