PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early position 9 player table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early position 9 player table

Would like to clarify early position at a 9 player table. My thought was the first two seats after the blinds,including the blinds post flop. After reading and going through the courses, it would imply early position as the first three seats left of the blinds.

That's my read of the course too. First three past the blinds are early, next three are the middle, with the button and blinds being the late.

Comment

Thank you, will have to readjust positions then, good luck at the tables

Comment

This is correct.

Small Blind Big Blind and UTG
        In my notes I sometimes refer to UTG+1 as Early position(EP)

Comment

Small Blind Big Blind and UTG
          In my notes I sometimes refer to UTG+1 as Early position(EP)

Read more: PokerSchoolOnline Forum - Reply to Topic http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/com...#ixzz1IlkPTmvn

If your playing a 9 handed table SB, BB, and UTG are early position. With UTG+1, UTG+2, & UTG+3 as middle position. Late being UTG+4, CUTOFF, & BUTTON.

10 handed UTG+1 is added to early position. middle would be +2, +3, +4. Late +5, cutoff, and button

Comment

I should have been more clear and not mentioned my note taking.It confuses the issue.

Comment

Thank you for the replyumbup:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.