PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combinatorics - Is there any hope for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combinatorics - Is there any hope for me

I just listened to the lesson on Combinatorics. I don't think I will ever "get" it. I understand what it is about but I will never conquer it in a way that I can use it in a game with cards, bets and chips flying. Does that mean that I will never be able to win a tournament?

????///

oh my- what have you stumbled on-- dont be too worried about not grasping that kind of math or level of thinking right off the start- you are in the right place- have a little fun and learn a bunch before you start into that world-- !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, Iike I said at the end of the live training, combinatorics is NOT an easy topic. Don't feel down about not getting it the first time... this is a topic that can take a while to get your head around. It is something you can learn to work with in time, but again this is a tool for situational analysis away from the table, not an in game tool... the application to game situations comes in examining situations combinatorically post game, so when you're in similar situations in the future you have a better idea of them.

As for winning tournaments, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who have won a tournament have never even heard of combinatorics, so no it won't prevent you from winning a tournament.

Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh, that is good to hear. At my age things swiftly run through my brain. I can learn it and forget it all in the same night.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.