PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get your fpp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get your fpp?

I recently had a little discussion with Chris about this and was curious how everyone else got their fpp? I read a thread on it about 2 months ago. Seems like a fpp thread should be stickied so as to give people a clue where to go if they're having trouble grinding fpp.

I used to get mine just sitting at the .01/.02 with $0.80 and playing only the top tier premium hands and trying to get my fpp off the shove monkeys.

With my bank as small as it is Chris suggested i play the .05/.10 limit games but I HATE limit holdem, so I adjusted and took the idea to the .04/.08 7cd stud hi/lo games instead. It's been working for me a little bit and I've recovered some hold'em losses.

Just had a session of 19 hands that made me $3. Granted I was getting good cards, but it seems like the min limit of 7cd stud is full of people who can't read both the hi and low of their hands.

19 hands, 8 showdowns, 50% or better win in all 8 with 2 scoops. $0.90 paid in rake. Total gain $3.02 cash and .675 fpp.
    Last edited by DavidWebb241; Mon Feb 07, 2011, 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling

see below
    Last edited by DavidWebb241; Mon Feb 07, 2011, 09:55 AM. Reason: see below

Comment

Seemed like bragging posting these hands, let's just talk fpp
      Last edited by DavidWebb241; Mon Feb 07, 2011, 09:55 AM. Reason: seemed like bragging

Comment

I play .04/.08 stud and vpp's seem to come pretty quickly.
        I almost always make $$ as well.

There is a rake nearly every hand. If you are patient and wait for decent cards it is easy to take $$ from the MANY players who have no patience, no clue or neither one.

Comment

I'm like Chris I strictly play the .05/.10 limit holdem tables and play a couple of tables at a time. I earned my 20 vpps already for next month just playing a couple of hours a day at those stakes. I also play in some MTT's but most of my vpps come from playing .05/.10 limit holdem. umbup:
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.