PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 backdoors on the flop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 backdoors on the flop...

Hello All,

A situation I've found my self in a few times recently, and have seen on Twitch streams too, is when there's 3 backdoors on the flop.

For Example...

You hold Ad3d and the flop comes down 2s Jd Tc. You check and your opponent bets, you don't think he has anything but he's lead out after you've shown weakness.

I've ten diamonds, three Queens, three Kings, three 4, three 5. Leaving asside three overcard aces, that's 22 outs to improve to a flush draw/ gut shot/ gutshot flushdraw. Appromimately 45%.

After that I'm not sure how to follow the math... but is the 3-backdoors ever worth persuing, with or without the over card?

Thanks,

Cas.

Hi!

But you only counted the flop not what comes the turn, about +1 out the back door flush and +1 out back door straight. And 3 aces and half out if come the turn and river 3 and 3. So about you calculate 6 out the best ways from flop to river you have got 24%. I added villain range 22+,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T8s+,97s+,86s+,76s,A8o+,KT o+,QTo+,JTo so these range you have got 26%. But lot of things depend, how to play your opponent how many times beted the turn, and how play, about tight, lag, or maniac.

Comment

CasCapD'ail

The easiest way to calculate backdoors I've found was to do it Harrington's way.... each backdoor is worth 1.5 outs, so 3% equity per street.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.