PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant tilt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OGPrime33 View Post
    At 170 hands my Cbet is 78%. It's hardly safe. I think 50% would be better.
    I would say somewhere around 70% is the optimal. If it's higher,you can be countered by reraising lighter your cbets. If it's lower,you become easily readable. But mostly just adapt your opponent. If someone floating you widely,i would cbet him less and mostly my value range. If someone fit-folding,i would cbet him lightly.

Originally posted by OGPrime33 View Post
    One thing at a time I guess. My VPIP is 23 and PRF 14 so that's good.
    Well not good,too much gap between these two stats. This means you call too much,or you limp much which also drastically wide this gap (and also not good).
    My backstory: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

My diary: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...3-diary-of-tau

Comment

OGPrime33

NO! VPIP of 23 needs to have at least a PFR of 18-19 and then a 3-bet % of about 7.5-8.5... a gap of 7 between VPIP/PFR means you call way too much (almost double what you should be) and makes you a passive player.

Here's what's gonna happen to you with c-betting too much. You have a pocket pair about 10% of the time and you hit the flop another 1 in 3.. so about 43% of the time, you have a real hand... that means that just under 1 in every 2 times, you have absolutely total BS.... now, how do I counteract that. I check every flop when I am out of position and raise you EVERY SINGLE TIME. To keep me from turning an immediate profit, you have to call my raise almost 70% of the time.. but you have total air 35%. That means you have to call me with every made hand, every draw PLUS 5% of the time when you totally miss! Then, when I bet the turn, you need to call about 60% of the time there... which you won't even be close to being able to do... which means I just turned a profit off of you by playing my two wet bar napkins back at you! And yes, my twitch emote is the 2 wet bar napkins

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Taurus221

70% for cbet IS the correct number... for the way the game was 3-5 yrs ago. That part of the game has evolved a lot the last couple years. low 50's to 60 is much more common and for LAG's that like raising flops instead of betting them, mid 40's is more common nowadays.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

OGPrime33 Taurus221 73REX73

Great discussion everyone! This is one of the threads that anyone that wants to improve their game should be reading.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
            OGPrime33 Taurus221 73REX73

Great discussion everyone! This is one of the threads that anyone that wants to improve their game should be reading.

John (JWK24)
            I agree. It's helped me improve already. All I have to do is keep it up for a few months and with a bit of luck I'll get good enough to win one.

Thanks for the replie. Taurus22173REX73

I'll try to raise instead of call and narrow that gap between VPIP and PFR. Sometimes I get marginal hands which should be a raise but I'm playing safe with calls. So the lesson of the day is : Turn more calls into raises. Try to reduce that gap between VPIP and PFR to 4 or less. I need to increase my 3bets more too. I'm on it.

The way I was Cbetting was profitable for hours but maybe that's down to the quality of opp. I'll be little more careful here. I felt like I was bluffing way too much but it was working profitably over time. I'll work on that a bit more today. I'll try to expand the range I'm raising with and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.