PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for paricipation!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for paricipation!!

IamAristotle and I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. Please contact me.

Originally posted by IamAristotle View Post
    IamAristotle and I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. Please contact me.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Comment

Hello IamAristotle, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future. First Step Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus. flophitter umbup: Team PokerSchoolOnline
      Last edited by flophitter; Sat Apr 12, 2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: corrected error

Comment

Are you replying to me?

'doeobdi'?? or did you mean me - 'IamAristotle'

Comment

Passed the quiz!!

Hi,

I have passed the quiz with 81%. I read up the two topics it suggested at the end the quiz. I'll attemp the quiz again if possible. I'm going through the next course - STT.

When will I be credited with 2$? Please reply ASAP!!

Comment

Hello

Hello,

I've passed the quiz 2 days ago... what should I do now??

Comment

Well done IamAristotle (and sorry for getting your name wrong last time - whoops)! You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player. Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup: Team PokerSchoolOnline

Comment

Lost the bank roll!!

Hi,

After reading few lessons from 'cash game', I started playing 0.01/0.02 NLH. After some calls and fold my stack became around 1.3$. Then one hand I called with 9sTs. The flop came 10c9c3. I was first to act. Considering that there was a player with greater stack in front of me, I shoved. He called and he had pocket 3s. I lost the whole bankroll.

What should I have done?

Comment

Passed the quiz!!

Hi,

I have passed the 'Cash Game' quiz with 91%. Maybe I did an 'outs' question wrong. What should I do now?

Also, if I get deposited 2$, how much should I buy-in with. According to bankroll management, I shouldn't be playing any stakes until I have 40$(I consider myself a serious player...). According to cash game lessons, it's best to take 100BB onto the table.

In other words what is the best way to build the bankroll??

Comment

Great job IamAristotle! You passed the Cash Game Quiz and so you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundamentals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus. Step Three Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and, using the Hand Replayer, post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer. NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way. Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyse it for you so please post an interesting hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents? And I'll have a hand analyser address your questions in your previous posts. flophitter umbup: Team PokerSchoolOnline

Comment

Hi,

After reading few lessons from 'cash game', I started playing 0.01/0.02 NLH. After some calls and fold my stack became around 1.3$. Then one hand I called with 9sTs. The flop came 10c9c3. I was first to act. Considering that there was a player with greater stack in front of me, I shoved. He called and he had pocket 3s. I lost the whole bankroll.

What should I have done?
                      If I want to bet a flop, I'm going to make a standard bet, which is based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. If there was only one opp in the pot, I'll make a standard bet of 1/2 pot. The same for the turn.

Unfortunately, flopping top 2 pair can be one of the most frustrating ones, as it's easy to go broke if someone hits a set, straight, flush or higher 2 pair.

John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi,

I have passed the 'Cash Game' quiz with 91%. Maybe I did an 'outs' question wrong. What should I do now?

Also, if I get deposited 2$, how much should I buy-in with. According to bankroll management, I shouldn't be playing any stakes until I have 40$(I consider myself a serious player...). According to cash game lessons, it's best to take 100BB onto the table.

In other words what is the best way to build the bankroll??
                        For building a bankroll, I'm going to play the lowest stakes available. however, if I'm below the recommended bankroll requirements, I need to understand that I can bust my bankroll very easily. All that it will take is a couple cooler hands (or misplays) to do so.

When playing a cash table, I'm always buying in for the table maximum if at all possible.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Broadway Straight vs Full House The player I'm involved with is a very loose player. He can almost have any hand.

Comment

set - how do I know? I put him on A8/A3/38 because I was in early position and had just limped and he was in late position.

Comment

Should I have called? The opponent is a tight player as per my read. He always raised to 4BB when he had a real hand. Otherwise he would just limp. This was the first time he raised to 5BB. Should I have called? or did I do fine? Note: The reason I limped with just TQ is that all the other players were folding most of the time. And I was called, I would see the flop and decide as I can put the people of this table on a read. If I were to raise, then I would be loosing chips for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.