PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. What i have to do?
    Thank you!

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! John (JWK24) umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello Five 0f Kind, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hello, flophitter Thank you very much for this opportunity.I am very happy to be part of Poker School Online and i want to learn everything from you about poker. I followed your advice and i have two hands witch i'm very curious if i acted correct. 1) This is from a Freeroll tourney, i had a decent hand and i wanted to lose some players with my all in. Was that good? 2) This is from a Play Money 9 handed table. I had a decent hand and i moved all in. Was that good? Thank you very much!

Comment

Hi Five 0f Kind, Thank you for posting these hands for review, however the first one is a tourney hand and this promo is concerned with ring games. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you, if he has time maybe he can comment on your tourney hand too. (If not, you are most welcome to post it in the appropriate Hand Analysis thread in the forum). He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step. Cheers! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hi Five 0f Kind! With a very marginal hand (A8), I get 3 limps in front of me. Since I'm out of position in the SB, I need to fold this preflop. If I had AA, AK or maybe AQs, then I'd consider raising and shoving, but any other ace is way too weak to be playing. With AQ in the SB, I get 6 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 9BB or 90 chips. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid. I then get min-raised to 170 and get two other callers. With this many in the pot, since they most likely won't fold to another raise, I need to call and see the flop. I do not want to be all-in against this many players with an unmade hand (I only have ace high). I will then re-evaluate on the flop. When I totally miss the flop, I need to check and fold to any sizable bet by any of the opponents. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, JWK24

Thank you very much for your time and for the analysis. I will keep your advice in mind for the future and i will try to improve my game.

Have a great day!

Comment

Hi Five 0f Kind, Now just let me know when you have passed the Poker Basics quiz and I can award you with your first bonus and we can move onto the next step! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hello flophitter,

I changed my mind. I don't wanna take part of this anymore. I will lose anyway. I passed the SnG quiz, i received 2 tickets and lost against T/3 AND T/9 =)) GOOD JOKE. That will happen with those 8$ too. One hand gives, one hand will take and two legs will crush my soul! From 100 hands, 90 i will lose against bad beats. I see also i can't post hands here anymore in hand replayer. Maybe some people don't wanna see bad beats. Good day!
                  Last edited by Five 0f Kind; Mon Oct 14, 2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Five 0f Kind, Sorry to see you leave the promotion. The luck element in poker is variable, very variable. And over a long time scale, too. The cards are dealt fairly and randomly but that's not to say the luck (from your point of view) will be even and steady. It may come in waves. Just as if you toss a coin 10 times you may have several heads or tails in a row. I am unaware of any general problem with posting hand replayer hands, perhaps it was a temporary glitch. If you change your mind you will be very welcome to continue. flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hi, flophitter

Hope this would bother you, today is my birthday, and i love ghifts! I'm sure PokerStars can afford to give me a free ticket. Where i have to ask?

Comment

Happy Birthday Five 0f Kind! With a little effort you can earn up to $8 in this Bankroll Builder promotion. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to give birthday gifts, much as I would like to. Enjoy your special day, flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your wishes. What i have to do to continue in this promotion?
                          Last edited by Five 0f Kind; Mon Dec 09, 2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Five 0f Kind View Post
                            Thank you for your wishes. What i have to do to continue in this promotion?
                            Hello, Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and we'll ship your first bonus to you Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Thank you Raiser,

I passed the quiz. Thank you and please excuse me for any inconvenience caused by my change of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.