PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hi, I was like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion. I am new to pokerstar's and need help getting started.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! John (JWK24) umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi emacha19, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey. After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer. Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! umbup:
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder-Play money Hand

PokerStars Zoom Hand #105251721758:
        Last edited by emacha19; Thu Oct 10, 2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Bankroll Builder: Passed the basic course

I passed the basic course with a 75%

Comment

Bankroll Builder: Play money hand

PokerStars Zoom Hand #105251721758: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2013/10/09 19:17:38 CUST [2013/10/09 12:17:38 ET]

Comment

Bankroll Builder: Play money Hand feedback *I have watched the video *I passed the basic course *Posted a play money hand

Comment

Comment

Bankroll Builder: feedback

I passed the basic course
                  Watched the video
                  Posted a play money hand

I would like some feedback on my hand that I posted on my thread for the promotion. Whats the next step from here?

Comment

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi emacha19! This promotion is only for FULL RING tables, while this is a 6-max. Please in the future, only play FULL RING for the games. With K9o from the button, I get a min-raise in front of me. Due to their being a raise, I need to muck this preflop, as it's not a strong enough hand to play. If I had KK, AK or maybe even KQs, then I could make a standard 3-bet to 60, but I need to muck lesser kings as they are not strong enough to call a raise with, let alone raise. If I saw the flop (which I would not), I see that I have a marginal top pair. I now get the opp that min-raised preflop that makes another abnormally small bet. Bets postflop need to be made based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With three opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot, so if I raise, I need to make a 3/4 pot raise. However there is another problem with this bet and that is that this bet will be over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which pot commits me. This means that I cannot fold and need to shove the flop... something that I do not want to do with a marginal pair. Avoiding situations like this is why I want to muck the marginal hand preflop. I don't want to raise, calling is a play where I expect to lose chips because the bet's too small and I really don't want to fold top pair... a really bad situation where I don't want to make any of the three possible plays. The key here is to muck a marginal hand to the preflop raise. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. I'm still very new to this so i'm learning slowly. I'm not very aware of betting percentages but now I am. You've been of great help.

Comment

Bankroll Builder: Play Money Hand Extra Info: I was the pre flop aggressor and player shoved all in and I called from the cut off. I need your advise on this. Thanks

Comment

Bankroll Builder: Play money Hand Hi again, I got destroyed in this hand would like to know if there's a way to avoid this at all.

Comment

I was very uncomfortable with this hand and need your advise on how I could play it better in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.