PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder - Alex31010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder - Alex31010

Hi! I've discovered poker not so long ago with PokerStars and really started to enjoy it. I've been trying every variance of Texas Hold'Em to find my favorite and it seems that cash games are more profitable but tourneys are more fun. After playing some Play Money games I wanted to take a step foward and try with real money umbup: Alex31010

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hello, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey. After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer. Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Play Money Full-Ring Texas Hold'Em NL 50/100 I 3-bet the turn with A10o on the button and got two callers. The flop went pretty bad for me, with possibilities of flush draws and both straight draws. I wasn't sure if c-betting was a good idea here, but instead of folding the two Villans called my bet. On the turn and the river I bluffed and finally got the money back but was I playing correct? And I also passed the Poker Basic Course
        Last edited by Alex31010; Sun Sep 29, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Alex31010! With ATo from MP, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 300. I miss a flop that is very coordinated (don't like drawing to gutshot straights because you almost never get the right odds to do so). When it checks to me, I have two choices. I can either check behind and see a free turn card, or I can make a standard c-bet (which I will do if I think the opps could fold). Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With two opps, I need to bet 2/3 pot. If I bet less, then I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me, which is something that I want to avoid. The turn is another blank. If I checked the flop, then I'll semi-bluff the turn by betting 2/3 pot. If I bet the flop and the opps called, then I'll definitely check the turn and see a free river card. I don't want to go barreling every street with nothing, especially to players that won't fold. You did NOT 3-bet the turn here. A 3-bet is the third bet on a street and none of the opps here have bet nor raised. On the river that misses me, I'm definitely checking and going to showdown. Bluffing at lower stakes is normally going to be a losing proposition, as too many opps will not fold. Instead, I want to be patient and value bet my made hands. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks a lot JWK24!

I understand now that my play was bad and why in the long term it wouldn't have been profitable.
              And thanks for corrcting my mistake about the vocabulary!

I'm ready for your next assignment

Comment

Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
                2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
                3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Comment

Have I done something wrong during this hand? Should I have expected the straight or just got a bad luck? A player would make a big bet to: 1. Put pressure on opponents 2. To gain value from very strong hands 3. To protect against very strong draws And I passed the Cash Quiz

Comment

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Alex,

I think our opponent let us of easy on the river with their small bet sizing. It would be a very difficult spot if they bet big. Firstly, I think we could have avoided this situation entirely by either raising or folding our hand. Limping into pots is not generally a winning strategy. When we open raise we will have initiative and we can be able to play the pot better by seeing how our opponents react to our raise.
                      I don't expect AK to play the hand like that both preflop and on the flop, but when they bet/re-raise the turn like that I think they will have a strong hand, 2pair+. Against hands like: { JJ, TT, AK, K9, QJ, QT, JT, 98, 22 } we have 18% equity on the turn and the pot odds tell us that we need to win 15% so its a pretty close call. Had they raised bigger I think we should be folding. OTR, that's the maximum bet we can call with 11% equity.

Comment

Thanks GeoVARTA!

I understand now that my initial mistake was to limp instead of raising/folding and that the hand could have gone better post-flop because of that.
                        And thank you for your detailed analysis!

I'm ready for the next step

Comment

Originally posted by Alex31010 View Post
                          And I passed the Cash Quiz
                          Fantastic! Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far. Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus. 1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target 2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step. 3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion. Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions. Raiser umbup:

Comment

I unfornunatly lost the bonus you gave me in that hand: Now, I don't have enough money to buy in at any table.
                            Last edited by Alex31010; Mon Oct 07, 2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.