PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-B

i want try get BankroolBuilder promo.

Originally posted by kasparssveid View Post
    i want try get BankroolBuilder promo.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hello kasparssveid, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

Comment

How can i know when opponenet are calling with any draw? p.s passed quiz
        Last edited by kasparssveid; Tue Aug 20, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hi kasparssveid, Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you. He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step. Cheers! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hi kasparssveid! With KJo in the SB, I get 5 limps, then an abnormally large raise to 150 (a standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper). While KJ is a hand with some potential, especially since I'm out of position, I need to muck this to the very large raise preflop. One common mistake that players tend to have is to play too many hands from the blinds because they already have chips in the pot. This is a big chip leak, as I only want to play very strong hands from the blinds since I'm out of position. If I saw the flop, which I would not, when I see that I hit top pair, I need to make a standard value bet. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps in the hand, I need to make a pot-sized bet.. BUT.. I don't have this many chips, so I'd need to shove the flop. This can create a big problem too, because by betting less than the size of the pot with this many opps, they could be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds to draw and they do end up outdrawing me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. The key here is to muck a marginal hand preflop when out of position. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok,tnx) sounds logical.
              Whats next?!

Comment

Brilliant! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Was this correct play from my side if i floped monster? or should i bee more carefull because of flush?

Comment

Hi kasparssveid, Thank you for posting this hand and one of the Hand Analysers will take a look at it for you. He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step. All the best! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by kasparssveid View Post
                      Was this correct play from my side if i floped monster? or should i bee more carefull because of flush?
                      Hi kasparssveid! This was an interesting spot! Preflop, 10Jo is fine to open with from late position. On the flop, you have the nut straight, but a flush is possible. Did you have any notes/reads on the sb? What type of hands has he called with earlier or what type of hands has he bet with post flop? A large portion of players at 2NL would slowplay the nut flush here, for example if he was holding Ax of hearts. They prefer to give the opponents a chance to bet into the pot rather than scare them off by leading out. On the other hand, any non-flush made hand such as one pair, two pair, sets, or straights might lead out hoping to get some folds. Also, Many overcard hands containing a big heart might bet thier draw aggressively. The bb folded which also helps you since you now only need to contend with one opponent. Your hand is beating everything but a flush. Additionally, you have the J of hearts. If another heart comes you might have the best flush. Now, if we look at the villain's bet size on the flop, he bet 20c into a pot of 18c. Again, this doesn't look like a bet that wants to get called. It looks more like he wants to get folds. If he were betting for value, I would expect a 50% - 80% pot bet, not an over sized bet. Had he bet 50% on the flop and again on the turn, I would be more inclined to give him credit for a flush. I think calling, as you did on the flop is good. You might have the best hand now and your hand can still improve if a fourth heart comes. Finally, notice the stack sizes. The villain only has 51bb on the flop and you have him covered. By calling now, we can expect that any bet on the turn or river will more or less commit him to playing for his stack. Raising all in on the turn is perfect and much better than calling. Much of the villain's raising range will consist of two pair, sets and A of heart x hands which he is hoping to improve on the river. It is important to bet now while you are still ahead AND while the villain still has hopes of improving. If you had called and the villain misses on the river, they will fold most of these hands to any bet you make. Raising the turn gets you maximum value for your hand. Yes, sometimes you will run into a flush, but the villain's line on the flop (leading with a more than pot sized bet) will more often than not be something other than a flush. Finally, note that if both of you were deep stacked, we would need to be more careful about stacking off here. Yet, with the villain's smaller stack, getting all in will be profitable. Well playedumbup: GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Hi kasparssveid, Now just let me know when you have done your remaining tasks and I can award you with your bonus and we can move onto the next step! flophitter umbup:

Comment

passed quiz,whats next?! )

Comment

That's great to hear But I still need this one from you: 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. Cheers! flophitter umbup:

Comment

1. To build up a decent pot
                              2. To get the value for a strong or monster hand.
                              3. To protect our hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.