PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder - ludisrbi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder - ludisrbi

Hello im new to PSO and online poker in general. I know some basic fundamentals about poker but would really like to take the bankroll builder promotion course and improve my knowledge.

Originally posted by ludisrbi View Post
    Hello im new to PSO and online poker in general. I know some basic fundamentals about poker but would really like to take the bankroll builder promotion course and improve my knowledge.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello ludisrbi, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

Comment

i aced the quiz with 100%, here is a hand that i played, id like to know if i was right in raising all in, in this situation

Comment

Hi ludisrbi, Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you. He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step. Cheers! flophitter umbup:

Comment

Hi ludisrbi, Are you sure it was the Poker Basic quiz you passed? We don't see your pass in our system here. If you're not sure, please take it again and let me know. flophitter umbup:

Comment

im pretty sure it was the basic poker quiz, the only option i get now is the poker assessment

Comment

im pretty sure it was the basic poker quiz, the only option i get now is the poker assessment
                Hey there, Here's a link to the quiz that you need to pass to get your 1st bonus http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ssessment-Quiz Let us know as soon as you have passed it. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

i aced the quiz with 100%, here is a hand that i played, id like to know if i was right in raising all in, in this situation
                  Hi ludisrbi! This is an interesting spot. You will need to win the hand about 1 in 3 tries in order for moving all in here to be profitable. In order to estimate our chances of winning we need to put the two villain's on a range of hands. Now, since this is play money, I assigned them random hands (any two cards) and against this range you will win nearly 50% of the time. Therefore, in this spot, moving all in should be profitable. Note however, that this is play money. We can expect some really crazy play here. If this were real money then we would have to tighten the ranges of the players, especially the btn who willingly called the all in raise. At a real money table it becomes quite questionable if we are ahead. I would suggest folding and waitng for a better spot. The btn will typically show up with a pocket pair or AQs or AK. Against this range we won't win often enough to make calling profitable. Now, since calling the all in raise consumes most of your stack, reraising all in as you did is much better than just calling. Well done. Finally, I notice that 3 seats are open at your table. I highly recommend that you stick to full ring tables where all 9 seats are actually filled in the future. It creates a better learning environment and will allow you to more easily play profitably. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Hello, i have passed the Poker Assessment quiz,
                    also thanks for the hand analysis, that was pretty much my thought process at the time, if the hand was played on a real money table i would have probally fold the hand unless i have analyzied that the villains were loose enough to go all-in with cards wekear than mine, also a little luck (1 A on flop and river) never hurt anyone :P

Comment

just confirming again that i passed the poker assessmenet test

Comment

Brilliant! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

Comment

3 reasons to big bet:

- To value bet and build pot for my Nut/Monster hand
                          - To protect my hand against strong draws
                          - To bluff a villain out of his better hand

posting the hands in the next post --->

Comment

i have 2 hands to post if its not a problem, both are the same hole cards (K,K) and are actually 2 continuous hands i played last night, the first hand won and the other lost, im sure i played pretty decent but i think my game is a little bit too agressive at the moment, i think i should all-in less and instead just big bet thats it for now i will update when i finish the course and pass the quiz

Comment

I have passed the NL cash game quiz

EDIT: also forgot to mentioned that i watched the bet sizing video :P
                              Last edited by ludisrbi; Wed Aug 14, 2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.