PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro

Trying to build a bankroll from $8 if i get it

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! John (JWK24) umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 123Aashutosh, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! umbup:
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hand replay in this hand i hit top pair on the flop. two people raised and i re raised on the button. should i have flat called or was it the right play

Comment

Completed all 3 tasks

i have completed the 3 steps for the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Aashutosh View Post
            i have completed the 3 steps for the promotion.
            Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 123Aashutosh! I'll take a look at the hand in post #4.

You have T9o on the button facing a minraise and several calls. I think calling is OK, because you have position in a multiway pot, so will be able to see what other villains do before taking action. With this hand, I wouldn't go crazy with just one pair. In a multiway pot, the winning hand is usually top two pairs or better. The flop comes T32, so you made top pair, average kicker. There's a bet and a call, and I would always just call. Whenever I have a made hand and I'm considering betting or raising for value, I ask the question: "Can I get called by worse?". You decided to raise the flop, but what worse hands are calling? Do villains have T8 or T7? I doubt it. If they like this flop, they probably have better hands than yours. Both villains call your raise. I would be worried at least one of them has a ten with a better kicker, but QQ/JJ can't be ruled out either. It's also possible that a villain flopped a set of 3s or 2s.
              You make trips on the turn, so it seems unlikely that someone else has the case ten. Villain 3 donks out very small, with a bet of just 10 into 153. Raising for value is OK now, as this looks like a blocking bet by a weak hand. If you have the best hand, you want to get value. Both villains call and the river comes a jack. You've ended up with just trips with a 9 kicker. The first villain actually open-folds, which is quite funny. The second checks, and you make a small value bet. I quite like this bet, as villain likely has a weak hand. You need to bet quite small here in order to squeak out some more value. His hand isn't shown, but I'd expect him to have something like JJ or 99 that refused to give you credit for trips. Nice hand.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
              Arty
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Excellent! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! umbup:
                2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you very much ArtySmokesPS. Learnt a lot from your analysis

Comment

Lost Hand i was short stacked and shoved on the flop hoping the others missed the dry board. had 2 over cards though. was the play really bad

Comment

3 reasons for big bets

3 reasons for big bets would be

1. to put pressure and bluff off your opponents if you think he's weak
                      2. to make your hand seem like a bluff and get called when actually you have a really strong hand. generally this kind of the bet works on the river.
                      3. to protect your hands against draws on a wet board generally on the flop or turn

Comment

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
                        He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.
                        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 123Aashutosh View Post
                          i was short stacked and shoved on the flop hoping the others missed the dry board. had 2 over cards though. was the play really bad
                          Hi 123Aashutosh, Your stack size is awkward here. You have a bit too much to be open shoving. Yet, not enough for much postflop play. Raising 4bbs as you did looks great. AK is too strong of a hand to be folding, but we do have to remember that it is not a made hand in the same way that a pocket pair is. We need to connect with the board. You were a bit unlucky to get a string of callers. Getting three callers made the pot so large that you only had enough money behind for a single pot sized bet. Moreover, with three opponents, the likelyhood of one of them having a pocket pair, or pairing the board, is quite high. Moving all in as you did will rarely get everyone to fold. Since you missed the flop completely, I would rather check the flop hoping to see the turn for free, but fold to any bet. Note, had you flopped a A or K, then I would move all in every time. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Hi 123Aashutosh,

Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss
                            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Completed all 3 tasks

Hi HokyPokyToo

i have completed the cash game quiz along with the other two tasks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.