PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[JK] I want a bankroll builder too.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[replay hand_id=483030 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=9CEA20F077]

[replay hand_id=483031 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=DCCC3015E5]

2 back to back hands that should be folded on preflop base on starting hand chart, but went better on postflop

***From the top hand replay, actually my opponent here bluffs 3-4 past hands and wins the pot because he shows his cards and trying to bully us lol . I thought, with this showdown, he's still bluffing. I'm just lucky, he didn't caught me with his bait.

Sir Roland, Sir John, can you please analyze this for me.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by fadmin; Tue Jun 18, 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Hello John,

3rd installment of bankroll bonus was credited to my account.
      What will i do next to get the last remaining bankroll bonus?

Comment

Hello optimus8778,

Fantastic!

There are three ways in which you can earn your final bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
        2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
        3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi optimus8778! I'll take a look at these latest cash hands from post #31.

1. You have 83s in the small blind, faced with a couple of limps. Despite the fact you only need to pay 1c to see a flop, this is a clear fold. 83 is one of the weakest hands in holdem. Being suited doesn't change it much, because you won't make a flush very often, and when you do it won't be the best flush possible.
          As played, you complete and see a flop 4-handed. It comes AT6, so you missed completely. The villain on the button minbets, so he probably has a weak one pair hand, and you decide to min-check raise. This bluff is a terrible idea. For one thing, you are virtually drawing dead against top pair, and for another your minraise isn't going to make villain fold. He only needs to call 2c into 14c, so he has a bargain price.
          You're lucky enough to spike an 8 on the turn, but you're still losing to an ace or ten. Now you have some showdown value (SDV), checking and calling is OK, but you should plan to fold the river if you don't make two pairs or trips, as third pair is almost never good at showdown. Villain only bets 1/4 of pot, so calling is fine.
          On the river, you get really lucky and make trips. Since villain's small bets have indicated he just has one pair, like a weak ace, then you almost certainly made the best hand via the back door, so leading out for value is right. I'd generally just bet between half pot and full pot here, hoping that Ax will call. You decided to shove all in, with an overbet of 89c into 25c. If I was villain, I would usually fold to this bet. A large river bet screams "I have a monster", but sometimes it's a big bluff. The line you took is so confusing that I'm not surprised villain called with his ace. After all, how can he put you on an 8? I would guess that villain thought you were bluffing.
          You were very lucky in this hand. The non-standard play you made allowed you to double up, but in the long run, you'll lose money by playing in such a weird manner. 83s doesn't make money, so folding pre-flop is the best idea.

2. With 98s in late position facing a limp and a minraise, I like the call, as it's likely this pot will be multiway and you have a decent speculative hand that can make straights and flushes. You call and see the flop 4-handed. You flop a HUGE draw on the KT7 board. With an open-ended straight flush draw, you have 15 outs to a straight or flush, and this means you're actually a favourite to beat top pair. With this draw, I would actually raise on the flop and plan to get all in if possible, because you have such a great chance to win. Instead, you decide to just call the 4c bet, as you have great odds to draw. The turn comes the Qh, meaning you made the flush. It's time to bet for value. When villain checks to you, I like your bet of around 80% of pot. Villain calls, and the river brings a ten, pairing the board. This is a bad card for you, as a paired board means it's possible for villain to have a full house, either with a pocket pair or a hand like KT/QT. Villain bets small again, just 8c, so raising is good. If he really had a boat, he'd usually bet much bigger on such a scary looking board. Your raise to 40c is fine. When villain 3-bets all in, I think you have to call. He's most likely going crazy with trips, and hasn't considered you might have a flush. Be aware that sometimes he'll have a full house though and you will be losing your stack.

Hope this helps!
          To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
          Arty
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's true. I made some improvement playing poker when i've learned some of the courses in PSO.
            I'll try to find time to attend those schedules.
            Thanks again Arty for your great analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
              Hello optimus8778,

Fantastic!

There are three ways in which you can earn your final bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
              2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
              3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Hello John,

The 4th Installment of bankroll bonus was already credited to my account.

To share my accomplishment from this bankroll itself, not that much but i accumulated at least a double digit earnings.
              Before, i seldom play in the NL cash tables and now i begun to love and appreciate it especially in the 9-ring.
              I can see the good side of it..Card distribution, manner of players on how they play, the betting and pot sizes, etc.
              In general, you can apply all the different poker lessons seriously towards becoming a better poker player.

PSO rocks!!

Thank you for your guide and advice.

Comment

Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Good luck at the tables!

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.