PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

I would like to enroll in the bankroll builder training, please.

Originally posted by sam01182 View Post
    I would like to enroll in the bankroll builder training, please.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
      2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
      3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback This is a hand that I won with pocket T's. How could I maximise my winnings?
        Last edited by sam01182; Wed May 08, 2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #2 This is the hand by which I went to the rail. Any suggestions on how I could have played it better?

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #3 This is a hand that I won, but am aware that if my opponent had a Q, I would have lost. When should I be able to tell whether he was holding a Q?

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #4 This is a hand in which I hit a set of Q's, yet still lost. Any suggestions?

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #5 This is a hand that I won in the BB. It was a weak hand, so should I have played it any differently?

Comment

Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #6 This was a hand in which I lost. Any advice?

Comment

I have completed the requirements...

As you can see in my thread, I have completed all 3 requirements. What do I do next?

Comment

Hi, Hand Analysis We are sitting on a 50bb stack depth with two limpers ahead of us..one of which has us covered..another has of equal stack to us and the villain raising 6x the big blind about 1/2 our stack.. There are a few ways that we can get "more" value with this hand, one of which is how you played the hand..only a few draw backs though... flat calling with a mid pocket pair like this leaves us vulnerable to getting out flopped if one of the villains that limps closes the action (which will almost always be the case, there is a lot of limp calling going on nowadays) and makes our post flop decision a bit tougher even though we will be in a position advantage post flop versus multiple players. I'd prefer to re-raise and isolate the 25bb stack, there is some value to be made there as the villain will most likely be forced to get it in instead of calling our re-raise...so a sizing of 330 to 380 is an optimal amount. Our bet sizing post flop is to big, it looks pot committing to the villain sitting with 1380 chips it's going to scare them as your effective stack size will be about 25bb on the turn if they elect to call. Keep this in mind.. a limping range is a weak range..if they did call it would most likely be with a range of Ax and/or two over cards..this is a range we want to keep in the hand as their equity is minimal..so our bet sizing on this relatively dry board texture should be about 1/2 pot.. Hand Analysis 60bb deep from UTG this is a fairly standard opening for 3x the big blind. Did you have any reads of the the players tendencies involved in the hand? The flop texture is rainbow and dry to the touch...I'd expect this board to miss a lot of the villains EP and LP flatting ranges..I'd elect to bet 1/2 pot to collect dead money as I believe this amount would be just as effective as betting 3/4 to full pot when bluffing..if we get called I'd shut down the turn and save bets for a value hand, afterall we do have thin showdown value when checking the turn as worse Ax Kx could float us. The river what range are you trying to represent? What range of hands are you trying to get the villain to fold after they have called two streets of bets and have committed just as much as you have? Hand Analysis A rule of thumb, when there are multiple limpers and you decide to open the action make the raise sizing 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper...this will accomplish thinning the amount of players involved in the hand and greatly increase our overall hand strength. I do understand that we will be at a positional disadvantage post flop as we are in the SB but remember(a limping range is usually a weak range...so let's take them to value town with a decent value hand) Post flop, every thing seems fairly standard.. I like your bet sizing..we do have a bluff catcher with two pairs and this line should only be taken if we have a firm grasp of the villains tendencies(show down ranges..bet/calling lines..this is how we will know if the player may have the Q, so take notes on players we may be able to extract value from) Hand Analysis Did you have any reads on the villain? The villain open raised for nearly 4x the big blind which may be a good indicator of strength..have they been doing this frequently and if soo exactly how often? How well does our hand play versus a strong 4x the big blind LP range? (AA KK QQ JJ TT AK AQ KQs QJs) readless I'd just fold this hand preflop until I have some reads. Post flop, I think there are some hand that we are ahead of but this is a narrow range..(99 88 77, maybe Qx with a weak kicker but the story doesn't add up in terms of their pre-flop raise sizing and some back door flush plus straight combos) but why would the villain want to get it all in on the turn..it appears they are trying to take down the pot uncontested or get a worse range to call. Hand Analysis I would have checked this hand all the way down to the river sitting with a 20bb stack, our stack is by far effective and we are deep enough to sit back and pick a value hand to play for stacks either pre-flop or post flop. I wouldn't have been betting 1bb, it prices in any draw or float in which they could easily get there(out drawn). This is a wet board..there is a straight + a flush present..let's also factor in the possibility of a higher two pairs..proceed with caution on these type of board textures as we could be value owning ourselves.. Hand Analysis Coming from a heads up aficionado..I like your line on this flop texture, it's a dry board, with the two jacks we can use card removal from the villains range..but only under certain dynamics would we want to play for stacks..such as the villain being loose(aggro) aggressive would be a perfect spot.. Basing the villains play on their stack depth and their overall post flop line...I wouldn't expect the villain to be loose aggressive...it appears that they may be tight passive. We could elect to call their flop bet and reassess the turn as they could have Ax or Kx or a gun shy pocket pair that will check the turn and maybe we can throw a small sizing out there to take down the pot.. But other than that we need to start basing our plays on the players tendencies, please start taking notes of the villains and provide them here when submitting a hand replay. Brilliant! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! Kind regards, CannonLeeumbup:
                      Last edited by CannonLee; Wed May 08, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game I don't need this hand analysed - it's a repeat of post #4.
                        Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013, 09:23 AM. Reason: To delete this hand from my thread

Comment

Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game This is the last hand I played in the first real money game. I lost all my money with this hand. I called with QJo in middle (?) position to a raise of 2 x BB. When I hit a Q on the flop, I thought at best the villian may have an inferior two pair, such as JJ-66. Where did I go wrong? Should I have folded to the villian's raise?
                          Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013, 09:08 AM. Reason: To clarify my question

Comment

Deleting hands from the replayer?

How do I delete hands from my thread if I posted the wrong hand for analysis, viz post #12?
                            Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013, 09:21 AM. Reason: To be more specific

Comment

Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game #2

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

1. To put pressure on opponents;
                              2. To gain value from a strong hand;
                              3. To protect against strong draws.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.