PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll builder for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll builder for me

I would like to be apart of the bankroller builder (PSO).
    Please select me to be part of this
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by gtwi View Post
    I would like to be apart of the bankroller builder (PSO). Please select me to be part of this
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi gtwi, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! umbup:
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder hand This hand played well but slow A very good hand but I was wondering how I could have played this hand differently to keep most in and increase the pot size
        5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

All Steps

Hi, I have completed all 3 steps (I hope)
          GTWI
          5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by gtwi View Post
            This hand played well but slow A very good hand but I was wondering how I could have played this hand differently to keep most in and increase the pot size
            Hi gtwi! This is not a hand to slowplay! Let's take a closer look to see why. Preflop you have AKs and are facing two limpers. I suggest raising the standard 3bb +1bb for each limper making it 50 rather than 40. Your hand will play best against fewer opponents. Also, at play money, players call light. So, you can raise more for value with your strong hands. I wouldn't have minded you making it 60 or 70 here even, but the standard 50 is recommended at real money tables. You flop top pair top kicker which is good, but far from being the nuts. Notice the board. Flush draws exist. Straight draws exist Plus two pair combos and sets. This is a very dangerous flop with so many opponents. Do not slowplay. At play money and 2NL real money, the very best way to increase the pot size is to bet/raise yourself every chance you get! Raising 50 into a pot of 350 as you did is extremely dangerous. You give anyone chasing a draw or holding a pair, great odds to continue with the hand. You are giving them a very cheap incentive to outdraw you. I strongly recommend raising for value and to protect your hand here. Since the flop is draw heavy, I would normally suggest betting about 70% of the pot, lets say 250 chips. This is going to leave you with very little though for future bets though. Therefore, I suggest keeping it simple and moving all in on the flop. With so many opponents in the hand it is very likely that at least one will call (probably several). Notice that anyone chasing a draw is more likely to call a large bet now while they still have hopes of hitting a cards, than if you wait until later streets. On the river they know if they made their flush or not and will fold all the times they missed. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

I thank you for the advice that makes sense to me and I will keep it in mind for future hands.
              GTWI
              5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The 3 steps

I have completed all of the steps
                Thanks
                5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi gtwi, Our records show that you have NOT passed the quiz. Please retake the quiz and let us know when it has been passed. Good luck at the tables. umbup: Joss
                  2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

quiz

Sorry, my fault. I will complete the Quiz and let you know
                    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Finishing the steps Hi there. This time I have finished all the steps including passing the quizz/ umbup:
                      5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Excellent! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! umbup:
                        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

1/2 cent real money full ring table

I just want to make sure that I am going to the right place to play, the real money full ring tables are the ones under the 'Holdem' tab and under micro? I just do not want to play in the wrong section.
                          Gtwi
                          5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi gtwi, Yes, that sounds right. Good luck at the tables! umbup: Joss
                            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Poker School 2nd round This started as a good hand and it seem to advance in my favor, however, just before the river the lone opponant went all in. I had only a king pair. Should I have called or was I right to fold?
                              5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.