PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

72 Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 72 Bankroll Builder

    Hi, I want to start playing poker online at PokerStars, I found out about this bankroll builder promotion and thought that this is great way to start playing, also geting usefull tips. Thanks for opportunity building my own bakroll. umbup:

  • #2
    Originally posted by Septynidu View Post
    Thanks for opportunity building my own bakroll. umbup:
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Septynidu View Post
      Hi, I want to start playing poker online at PokerStars, I found out about this bankroll builder promotion and thought that this is great way to start playing, also geting usefull tips. Thanks for opportunity building my own bakroll. umbup:
      Hello, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey. After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer. Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! Raiser umbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        bankroll builder Septynidu playmoney hand Got a strong hand Ks Ah, so i rised 5x big blind (3x because i had good hand plus 2 x for 2 calls). then i missed the flop, but still didn't want to fold AK so decided to continue bet, to see turn and look how others will react to my bet. I bet same 5x a few players called, and the turn was K giving me to pair with top pair kings. I decided to continue beting same amount to get more players in. The plan worked and i saw a river of 7 which give me fullhouse, sevens full of kings. One player rised 22(11x) so i re-rised to 60. At showdown i got a split. This hand was quite lucky for me, but was it worth to make a bet after flop, or should i just check?

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

          He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

          Cheers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Septynidu View Post
            Got a strong hand Ks Ah, so i rised 5x big blind (3x because i had good hand plus 2 x for 2 calls). then i missed the flop, but still didn't want to fold AK so decided to continue bet, to see turn and look how others will react to my bet. I bet same 5x a few players called, and the turn was K giving me to pair with top pair kings. I decided to continue beting same amount to get more players in. The plan worked and i saw a river of 7 which give me fullhouse, sevens full of kings. One player rised 22(11x) so i re-rised to 60. At showdown i got a split. This hand was quite lucky for me, but was it worth to make a bet after flop, or should i just check?
            Hi Septynidu Preflop is greatumbup: You miss the flop. This is not a good spot to c-bet because you are facing so many opponents. C-bets work bet against a single opponent. Can work against two, but against three or more just check. If you are going to c-bet, bet 50% of the pot. Betting 10 cents into a pot of 70 wont get anyone to fold. So you are just building a pot in an unsure spot. The same is true on the turn. Now you have top pair top kicker. Bet 50% of the pot. This protects your hand and gets you good value for anyone who calls. Bet sizing is important. Always ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish with your bet. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello, Let us know as soon as you have passed the Poker Basic quiz and I'll get the first bonus to you Raiser umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Poker basic quiz

                Hi, I passed poker basic quiz. Now I'm looking again at some lessons i think i need to improve, but i think I'm ready for next step.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Septynidu View Post
                  Hi, I passed poker basic quiz. Now I'm looking again at some lessons i think i need to improve, but i think I'm ready for next step.
                  Brilliant!

                  You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

                  Step Two

                  Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

                  Please watch the following video and answer the question below.



                  List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

                  Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

                  So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

                  1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
                  2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
                  3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

                  Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

                  Best of Luck!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Answer to the question

                    The player would like to bet big to gain value of very strong hand, to protect strong made hand from strong draws or to put a lot of presure to opponents to make them most likely fold descent hands.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    X Cookies Information

                    We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.