PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder Promotion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder Promotion

Hey,

I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion! Thanks for your consideration.. hopefully!

Originally posted by toasterRULEZ View Post
    Hey, I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion! Thanks for your consideration.. hopefully!
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Thanks

I've read up. Let's do this

Comment

Thanks I've read up. Let's do this
        We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hey, I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion! Thanks for your consideration.. hopefully!
          Hello, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey. After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer. Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! Raiser umbup:

Comment

I also took the Poker Basic Course and scored 100%
            Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Apr 04, 2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I also took the Poker Basic Course and scored 100%
              Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi toasterRULEZ! With QJo from UTG+1, I get UTG making an abnormally large raise to 5BB. While QJo does have some potential, it's not a strong enough hand to call this large of a bet with, especially being out of position. Due to this, I'm mucking this preflop and looking for a better situation, either with better cards or when I'm IN position. Especially when there is another abnormally large raise and 3 calls of it, QJo will not be ahead of any competent opponent in this situation, so I absolutely must muck to the raise. The flop is very coordinated and I hit 2nd pair. With 4 opps that called not only a raise, but a 3-bet, second pair is almost never good here, so I need to check and fold to any bet. I do not want to be betting when I'm behind and the opps expect to gain chips from me. Also, due to the size of the pot, the only bet that I can make here is to shove, as with 4 opps, I would need to make a pot-sized bet which is more than the amount of chips that I have. The key here is to muck marginal hands when out of position, especially when facing an abnormally large raise. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey,

I read your analysis and have taken note of what you've said. From what you wrote, I should be more conservative with my hands in early and mid positions, only calling with premium hands.

And is IN position the button and the big blind? I know a good position is late on the table, so I can see other players actions and determine my action from there? What about the small blind?

Comment

I took your advice onto the tables, is this right?

Comment

Hey

Comment

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi toasterRULEZ! With AK on the button, there are 2 limps, then a raise to 300. In this situaiton, I'm going to re-raise to try to isolate the raiser and make it a heads-up pot. My normal 3-bet raise size here would be between 3X the previous bet amount (900) and a pot-sized raise. However, this would be the majority of the chips that I have left. Due to this, I'm going to 3-bet shove here. Even calling the raise is close to pot-committing me, so if I'm not going to be able to fold, I want to make the opponent put their chips in before they can see that they hit a card that could beat me. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello, Please let me know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic course and I'll get your first bonus to you Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hey,

I passed the Poker Basic Course a while back when you first asked me I scored 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.