PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bankroll Builder

    I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion...

  • #2
    Originally posted by pr8t8n8t8 View Post
    I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion...
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
      Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        I know this is playmoney and that people are raising to much... but if this would be real money should I fold at a raise or did I play it right?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by flophitter View Post
          So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus. 1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video 2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer 3) Pass the Poker Basic course. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:
          I have completed all 3 above steps...

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi again, we notice that our system's not showing your Poker Basics pass, if you're sure you did pass it, please drop a line to support@pokerschoolonline.com and the techs will check into it. Meanwhile your hand analysis is in process

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi pr8t8n8t8! With 77 from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With one limp (the player that posted and should have wait for the BB), I'll raise to 4BB or 40. When I'm the first to get into a pot, if I'm not happy making a standard raise with a hand I need to fold it and not open-limp. Open-limps are very exploitable by better players and I don't want to be handing them free chips. I then get a raise, call and abnormally large 3-bet. When it gets back to me, with only a marginal middle pair here, I need to fold. There are too many opps in the pot that are betting too much for me to call. Also, a call would make me pot-committed (put over 1/3 of my chips into the pot), so I really couldn't even just call here, I'd need to shove... something I don't want to do into a multi-way pot with a marginal hand. I would be making a note on the two opps that had nothing, espeically the one that made the abnormally large raise with a trash hand like 68o. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator



                6 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by flophitter View Post
                  Hi again, we notice that our system's not showing your Poker Basics pass, if you're sure you did pass it, please drop a line to support@pokerschoolonline.com and the techs will check into it. Meanwhile your hand analysis is in process
                  After some technical difficulties I was able to complete Poker Basics Quiz...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Brilliant! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck! flophitter umbup:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by flophitter View Post
                      List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?
                      1.: to put a lot of pressure on opponents
                      2.: to protect against very strong draws
                      3.: to gain value from very strong hands

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Was this the right thing to do?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by flophitter View Post
                          So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

                          1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
                          2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
                          3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

                          Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.
                          I have done all that...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is this the right play? I'm sticking to Pre-Flop Essentials chart and I'm getting a filling I wont play very much hands... is this right?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Another interesting hand:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.