PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JK] Bankroll Builder

Hey there,
    I would like to get involved in the Bankroll Builder Promotion. I have never received training before though, but would I still qualify for this promotion?

Thanks

Originally posted by typhoon625 View Post
    Hey there, I would like to get involved in the Bankroll Builder Promotion. I have never received training before though, but would I still qualify for this promotion? Thanks
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi typhoon625, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
      John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey there, I attended one of the live training sessions and I am posting a hand that I am unsure of and what I should do in pre-flop situations. What should I do next? THanks

Comment

Hi typhoon625! With A7s, from UTG+1, I get a limp in front of me. I'm going to fold this here, especially if the other opps are likely to call. A7s is going to play better when in position and with less opps. Here, I'm out of position and will have multiple opps. There then is a very abnormally large raise to 500 (a standard raise would be to 3BB+1BB for each limper, 140) and the raise is called by one opp. With a hand that is marginal at best, I'm definitely going to muck to a very large bet like this. I could easily be dominated by a larger ace or a pair and due to that, I'm going to save my chips for a better situation. Especially when out of position, I only want to be playing premium hands, as it will make my decisions later in the hand much easier. Mucking marginal hands when OOP will save me a large number of chips in the long run. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi typhoon625!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Once you have passed this quiz and attended the live training, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey, I just attended the live training session and JUST passed the test with 71%!! lolz
              That was a close one. Got 10/15 right.
              I got an automated email saying I got a ticket for the premier skill league qualifier.
              Do I get my buy-in now..?

Thanks

Comment

Brilliant typhoon625! You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! Step Two Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you. Please watch the following video and answer the question below. List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet? Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus. 1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer. 2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it. 3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in. Best of Luck!umbup: John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey, unfortunately, I lost all my money t.t... Here's an interesting hand I would like to post. I was a bit confused of the opponent's hand and what I should do next. Please advise what I should have done . Thanks. I'll do the rest of the task later.

Comment

I have finished my second task and the
                    answers for the question are:
                    -To put a lot of pressure on opponents
                    -To bluff people off decent hands
                    -To gain value from very strong hands

I will complete my last task later on after I study the Cash game

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by typhoon625 View Post
                      Hey, unfortunately, I lost all my money t.t... Here's an interesting hand I would like to post. I was a bit confused of the opponent's hand and what I should do next. Please advise what I should have done . Thanks. I'll do the rest of the task later.
                      Hi typhoon625 Q7o is just too weak a hand to be playing in pretty much all situations. Folding to the preflop raise would clearly be your best line of action in this spot. You need to ask yourself "What am I hoping to flop?" Your cards are not suited, so no flush is likely. They are not connected such as QJ, so no straight is likely. Moreover, if you flop a Q you will often lose a big pot to another Q with a better kicker than yours. If you flop a 7, it is very likely that overcards will come and you will not have top pair. Even if there were a mini-raise and a string of callers, Q7o is not going to be worth playing. As far as what the villain had, well, he raised a limper from midposition preflop. This looks like a decent pocket pair 88+ or A10s+. Your hand is a below average hand and we can safely assume he is ahead of us. It is extremely important, especially when just getting started, to stick to good starting hands. They make your post flop decisions much easier and keep you out of trouble. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

FInally, after three tries, I have passed the quiz with 75%!!!
                        That was a VERY hard test haha
                        Do i get my next buy-in now?

Thanks

Comment

Hi typhoon625!

I'll be happy to get you to the next step (which includes the 2nd buy-in), as soon as the quiz registers in my system. It's not checked as you passing it, so if you have, please send an e-mail to support@pokerschoolonline.com and tell them that you have passed the Cash Game quiz and they'll be able to help straighten it out. As soon as it shows, I can get you to the next step (has to be in the system for me to award you the next $2).

Please let me know what happens.

John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cause nothing happened, i did again several times
                            and finally passed with just 70% haha
                            can i get my buy-in now?
                            Thanks

Comment

Hello typhoon625, Fantastic! Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far. Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus. 1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target 2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step. 3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion. Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions. John (JWK24) umbup:
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.