PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hello!

I'm wondering if I'm eligible for this promotion?

Many Thanks,

Adzman.

Originally posted by Adzman300 View Post
    Hello! I'm wondering if I'm eligible for this promotion? Many Thanks, Adzman.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

\o/ Due to my time-zone being able to attend the live sessions is not easily possible, is there a possible solution to this problem? Here is a hand I played just now, I pick up Pocket 9's in the Cutoff and raise to 5x, since there are two limpers in the hand, I then get 3-bet from the button and the BB cold calls, it then gets folded back round to me and I'm wondering whether it would be better to 4-bet in this situation or to call and play a flop? I elect to call as I don't think 9s are strong enough to 4-bet here or should be folded as I can hit a set/nice flop and play them after the flop, however the board then comes Ace High and I elect to check fold. What do you think? Bumping in case I've been forgotten about :P
        Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Mar 01, 2013, 07:12 AM. Reason: condensing thread

Comment

\o/

Due to my time-zone being able to attend the live sessions is not easily possible, is there a possible solution to this problem?

Here is a hand I played just now, I pick up Pocket 9's in the Cutoff and raise to 5x, since there are two limpers in the hand, I then get 3-bet from the button and the BB cold calls, it then gets folded back round to me and I'm wondering whether it would be better to 4-bet in this situation or to call and play a flop? I elect to call as I don't think 9s are strong enough to 4-bet here or should be folded as I can hit a set/nice flop and play them after the flop, however the board then comes Ace High and I elect to check fold. What do you think?

Bumping in case I've been forgotten about :P

Hi,

Depending on the villains tendencies and their table image (are they spewy and aggro), If they have been frequently 3betting every hand (or often) in my opinion it's best to 4bet to try and isolate the SB and get stacks in pre-flop or win the pot uncontested, calling the 3bet doesn't give us the correct pot odds to flop a set, at worst they have an over pair and at best we we have an over pair to them (but it's highly unlikely they would 3bet 88 and below, am I right based on your reads?) or we are in a coin flip situation vs. a range of AT to AK. But if we where to take this line..make the 4bet sizing to 8.8k 10k to leave room for a possible fold if the big blind re-raises all in, we do not know where we stand against their range as no reads where provided..

If this villain (*SB) has been extremely tight with 15% range, I'd consider folding preflop..

1. We do not have the proper pot odds to call and set mine

2. There is a very good chance we are crushed by their range

Let me know once you have attended the Basic Sessions and we will advance you to the next stage!

Hope this helps,
          CannonLee

Comment

Originally posted by CannonLee View Post
            Hi,

Depending on the villains tendencies and their table image (are they spewy and aggro), If they have been frequently 3betting every hand (or often) in my opinion it's best to 4bet to try and isolate the SB and get stacks in pre-flop or win the pot uncontested, calling the 3bet doesn't give us the correct pot odds to flop a set, at worst they have an over pair and at best we we have an over pair to them (but it's highly unlikely they would 3bet 88 and below, am I right based on your reads?) or we are in a coin flip situation vs. a range of AT to AK. But if we where to take this line..make the 4bet sizing to 8.8k 10k to leave room for a possible fold if the big blind re-raises all in, we do not know where we stand against their range as no reads where provided..

If this villain (*SB) has been extremely tight with 15% range, I'd consider folding preflop..

1. We do not have the proper pot odds to call and set mine

2. There is a very good chance we are crushed by their range

Let me know once you have attended the Basic Sessions and we will advance you to the next stage!

Hope this helps,
            CannonLee
            Hey, sorry I should have specified that it was like my 3rd hand at the table so was playing read-less, thank you for your feedback though.

I have just watched the 'Getting Started' video now, so am ready to move on to the next stage.

Comment

Hi,

Did you find the "Getting Started" video helpful?

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in an

Comment

It was helpful, thank you.

I've passed the Basic Poker Course now.

Comment

Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

Comment

Ok, unfortunately I've lost my $2 buy-in , the majority of which being in the following hand: I'm pretty sure this is just standard and a +EV move in general, but obviously would like that to be checked to see if there's any way I can get away from the hand. Prior to this hand I'd been fairly active, so when it gets folded round to the button and he limps, SB folds, I obviously want to raise this up to get some value and to not possibly give off info about my hand by slowplaying. Flop then comes a reasonably good one for my hand, so I put out a nice c-bet to get value from random A highs and any 9x hand, or hands like 88-22 (as I figure he doesn't limp/call with TT+, and 99 is obviously v.unlikely. He then check raises to 3x my c-bet, this is really the point i'm wondering whether I can either a) get away from this at all or b) play it differently. I don't think I can get away from this, as because I've been quite active and think he's capable of doing this with any 9x or PP which is in his range, so I decide to shove, trying to get value from any Pocket pair 22-88 and 9x hands, as I don't think he can get away from them on this board to a 3-bet jam, I also don't think there are really any 3x hands besides A3, K3 and 33, all of which are v.unlikely. Like I said I'm pretty sure this is just standard and unfortunate, but advice would be good.

Comment

This is an unfortunate spot to lose to K3o.. :-/ But here is how I would have played the hand differently. (by the way..huge high five to you for thinking in terms of hand ranges) Pre-flop, 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper is a standard sizing..even though your table image is perceived as "active" by the opponents..what where your reads about the player on the button..have they been aggressively limping? More like have they been limping frequently trying to see affordable boards? Flop What where their tendencies post flop? Have they shown any aggression in previously played hands and if so, what range where they showing down and how often? These are things to take into consideration when determining our course of action..If that villain has been playing passively post flop..then KK might just be a fold, one of the most important skills a poker player can have is "finding a fold" The flop texture was really "dry" 339 isn't really going to hit to much of a plausible +EV starting hand range besides A3, 33 and 99..pretty narrow range, right? So I think the best line to take here is to check the flop and induce a bet from the villain..even if they have a range of Ax they only have like 12% equity in the pot and it certainly won't hurt to let the villain peel a free turn card if they decide to check back..I've encountered many situations like this..where I take the "default" line and continuation bet and not get floated nearly as much as I do on the turn when making a delay continuation bet..I'd rather get at least 1 street of value on the turn..than fold out all of the villains range/equity on such a dry flop. The way the hand played out..it's in a rock and a hard place..our hand just looks to good on this board texture and there is such a narrow range that has us beat, we could have maybe did a "click back" 4bet minraise to try and get some extra value and build the pot to get stacks in on the turn..But jamming all in is just going to get way to many folds from the villain on that board texture (depending on their dynamic/tendencies) Hope this helps. Please take the Cash Game Quiz and when you have passed it your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you! Let me know when have finished. CannonLee
                      Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Mar 04, 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CannonLee View Post
                        This is an unfortunate spot to lose to K3o.. :-/ But here is how I would have played the hand differently. (by the way..huge high five to you for thinking in terms of hand ranges) Pre-flop, 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper is a standard sizing..even though your table image is perceived as "active" by the opponents..what where your reads about the player on the button..have they been aggressively limping? More like have they been limping frequently trying to see affordable boards? Flop What where their tendencies post flop? Have they shown any aggression in previously played hands and if so, what range where they showing down and how often? These are things to take into consideration when determining our course of action..If that villain has been playing passively post flop..then KK might just be a fold, one of the most important skills a poker player can have is "finding a fold" The flop texture was really "dry" 339 isn't really going to hit to much of a plausible +EV starting hand range besides A3, 33 and 99..pretty narrow range, right? So I think the best line to take here is to check the flop and induce a bet from the villain..even if they have a range of Ax they only have like 12% equity in the pot and it certainly won't hurt to let the villain peel a free turn card if they decide to check back..I've encountered many situations like this..where I take the "default" line and continuation bet and not get floated nearly as much as I do on the turn when making a delay continuation bet..I'd rather get at least 1 street of value on the turn..than fold out all of the villains range/equity on such a dry flop. The way the hand played out..it's in a rock and a hard place..our hand just looks to good on this board texture and there is such a narrow range that has us beat, we could have maybe did a "click back" 4bet minraise to try and get some extra value and build the pot to get stacks in on the turn..But jamming all in is just going to get way to many folds from the villain on that board texture (depending on their dynamic/tendencies) Hope this helps. Please take the Cash Game Quiz and when you have passed it your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you! Let me know when have finished. CannonLee
                        Ahh ok, all those different questions you've put forward are good things for me to try think about when playing hands in general, I also see what you mean about perhaps not C-betting that flop and checking back or the 4bet click-back if in that spot. Thank you for the ideas/help. I've passed the Cash Game Quiz.

Comment

Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your second Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

Yes, it's all about thought process or rather adjusting to different player types, the default lines that are learned through experience are only there as a foundation to build on.

Let me know when you have received your buy-in! Good luck at the tables.

CannonLee

Comment

I have received my Buy-in, so time to hit the tables again!

Comment

I have received my Buy-in, so time to hit the tables again!
                              Great news!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.