PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hi!

I've just passed through the Poker basics and Cash game courses but I haven't finished any quiz yet.
    I have not yet made a deposit also. I suppose I can qualify for the deposit, right?

What next?

BR

Fookie

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fookie_73 View Post
      Hi! I've just passed through the Poker basics and Cash game courses but I haven't finished any quiz yet. I have not yet made a deposit also. I suppose I can qualify for the deposit, right?
      Hi Fookie_73, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job! Remember though that you will need to do the steps after you are asked and not before as doing them before delays our system. Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future First Step First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.
      Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

done it

HI,

OK, I have seen the video.

bye, Fookie

Comment

I have seen the video.
          Brilliant! Now you know how to SAVE HAND HISTORIES from both real and play money games. Next Step Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats. Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
          Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Raiser, before we proceed does the Pokerstars hand replayer reads hand history data in all lenguages? I use Croatian lenguage and Ive tried to upload a hand history data to a hand replayer but it doesnt seems to work??

Cheers
            Fookie

Comment

Hi Raiser, before we proceed does the Pokerstars hand replayer reads hand history data in all lenguages?
              Hi Fookie_73, PokerSchoolOnline is PokerStars English speaking poker school so our Hand Replayer will only read hands in English. You can change your language setting to English in the PokerStars client and you will then receive your hands in English. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

OK, here is one strange played hand:
                Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                Iam on the button and Ive raised to 4BB with pocket Kings. After the flop I desided to slow play ?!!?! (I ussualy never do this on such a wet board, but I supposed that could be a good option because 2 hearts came up, so there is a chance for extra value...) After the turn player on my righthand side bet only 40 (less then 1/10) so I did a big bet and (again) player only calls... ?!? Again he bet only 20 so I bet again... Obviously I wasnt played well that hand, but why he didnt reised after my first big bet? Affcourse we have to assume that on that kind of tables are fishy players who like to call everything and rarely bet. Afterall he called my preflop raise with 5 and 10. What would be the best way to play this kind of hands? Huge bet after the flop? Cheers, f

Comment

OK, here is one strange played hand:
                  Hi Fookie, One of the Hand Analysers will look at this hand later for you and offer some feedback. Once he does this we can continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Fookie_73! With KK (or any other hand I want to open-raise with), I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are two limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 100. I want to keep all my bets standard so that the opps are constantly guessing as to the cards that I have. Most players bet more with better hands and less with weaker hands (which basically turns their cards over, to an observant opponent). I see a 4-way flop that is very coordinated with straight and flush draws possible and even a made flush. The first two opps check and the third makes a really small bet of 20. I need to raise here for two reasons. First, I want to get value for my hand and secondly, if any of the opps have a draw, I want to make them have the wrong pot-odds to draw to beat me. If I give them the correct odds to draw and they outdraw me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. Due to this and with 3 opps, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise to 380. The board now hits 4 to a straight and all 3 opps are still in. It checks to the same opp and they now bet 40, once again, an abnormally small bet compared to the size of the pot. Here's a great example of why I want to raise the flop, as now, I need to make another pot-size raise, BUT, by not raising the flop, I have absolutely no clue whether I'm ahead. I'll raise to 500 and if I'm raised or called, I'm not putting another chip into the pot and will fold. With big hands like this, I want to make standard bets and raises early in the hand, to lower the number of opps that can outdraw me. Slowplaying them will do nothing but get me into trouble the majority of the time. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Next Step Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

two more hands... OK Thanx, Ill do that. Can you please evaluate those two hands also:
                        Thanx, bye Fookie

Comment

Hi Fookie,

In hand 1 (Ac6c), you're UTG (under the gun), meaning you act first, with the whole table able to react to your bet. You'll be out of position if you see a flop, which can make it very hard to win a big pot. Because of these factors, you should only be playing a very small percentage of hands in this seat, and you should usually open with a standard raise of 3bb (60 chips) so you don't get so many callers. I'd recommend that the only hands you play in this seat are pocket pairs TT and up, and AK. A6s is unlikely to make a strong hand, so I'd recommend folding here.
                          As played, you limped. This is a bad idea, as it will usually mean lots of players enter the pot, so there are lots of hands that can beat yours, and you'll often get raised, meaning you can't call. Learn to make disciplined folds pre-flop, and try and play more pots in position, so you don't end up playing guessing games when the flop comes.

In hand 2 (A9s), you have better position and a stronger hand, but there is some action in front of you. Villain 2 has made a decent raise, so he probably has a stong hand. He might have a big pocket pair or a hand like AT. I'd fold here, not only because A9s is likely to be the 2nd best hand at the moment, but because there are still lots of other players still to act. If someone has QQ+, they'll make a re-raise, meaning you can't make a profitable call. When the flop comes, you have top pair, but with so many opponents, someone might have a better ace, two pairs or a set. Because you can't be sure if you have the best hand, you could be losing a lot of chips if you call bets all the way to the river.

Suited aces look pretty, and certainly have potential to make monster hands, but you won't hit nut flushes very often. They also can cause trouble on the flop, because you have "kicker trouble". I'd advice you to fold them in early and middle position, and only call if the price is cheap in late position.

You were lucky enough to win both these hands, but when you play real money cashgames, you'll find that hands like A6s and A9s are hard to make money with, because the best players will have bigger aces.

Hope this helps!
                          Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:07 PM. Reason: typo correction
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

HI Artysmokes,

that helps alot! I have purposely uploaded those two hands because I think playing on the "playmoney" tables is not playing a real poker and Ive noticed that this type of hands can be played for value very often on that kind of tables.

Playing on the real money tables requires completely different approach, but I have tried to play poker on playmoney games as it is had to be done but it just doesnt work, it is too tight...
                            On the play money tables almost everyone calls every bet so those were not big stake hands...

What I have trying to do so far on the play money tables is to maximise my ability to accurately put other players on their range. Dont you think that is equally important as it is to play right hands on right position to maximise value (earnings) even on the real money tables??

If you cannot (not allowed to) answer this, can you please forward this thread to someone who can?

Sorry about my bad english and Thanx again!!

F

Comment

Dont you think that is equally important as it is to play right hands on right position to maximise value (earnings) even on the real money tables??
                              Hi Fookie, By all means post your question >>HERE<< and we will answer it but let's not get off topic and we'll keep your Bankroll Builder promotion on track. Next Step Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.