PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hello!

I'm interested in the Bankroll Builder promotion and would like to know if I'm eligible!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by juketemileto View Post
      Hello! I'm interested in the Bankroll Builder promotion and would like to know if I'm eligible! Thanks in advance
      Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Raiser!

I've just attented the "Getting Started With Pokerstars" session with HoRRoR!
        What next?

Comment

Hi Raiser! I've just attented the "Getting Started With Pokerstars" session with HoRRoR! What next?
          Hi juketemileto, We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before? Next Step Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats. Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
          Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

This hand was a mess! I didn't know whether or not to play my cards and was unsure if I should've checked when I bet or put a bet when I checked. Ended up folding with no control of the hand whatsoever

Comment

Hi juketemileto! With JTo from UTG, I'm going to muck this since I'm out of position. Playing marginal hands from early positions will do nothing but get me into trouble. If I was in the hand, I'm checking the flop, as I have absolutely nothing. I do hit a J on the turn, but with this many opps in the hand, I have no clue whether or not I have the best hand. Due to this, I'm going to make a 1/2 pot value bet here. My plan will be to muck to a raise and if I'm called, I'll check the river unless my hand improves. When I miss the river, I'm going to check and hope to get to a cheap showdown. The opp in position, now make a HUGE overbet and shoves. With 3rd pair and a bad kicker, I'm going to muck here. The key to this hand is to muck marginal hands when out of position, preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks a bunch, that was helpful!
                I'm paying more attention to positioning now, though I still have trouble folding hands that seem good but really aren't all that special, such as J10, Q9, etc.

What's the next step?

Comment

Thanks a bunch, that was helpful! I'm paying more attention to positioning now, though I still have trouble folding hands that seem good but really aren't all that special, such as J10, Q9, etc. What's the next step?
                  Next Step Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

I've just completed the Basic Assessment Quiz! Not the best score, but still enough. I'll be re-reading some of the material umbup:

Comment

I've just completed the Basic Assessment Quiz! Not the best score, but still enough. I'll be re-reading some of the material umbup:
                      Hi juketemileto, Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you. Raiser umbup:

Comment

So yeah. I got horribly busted by this hand How should I have played it?

Comment

So yeah. I got horribly busted by this hand How should I have played it?
                          Hi juketemileto The main point to take away from this hand is the preflop action. Q10o isn't strong enough to raise with in this spot with a limper already in the hand. It might be ok raising as a semi-bluff since you have good position, but this will require good post flop skills. Until you get more experience, I would just call preflop keeping the pot small. You flopped top pair which is good, but not super strong hand. Raising is the right thing to do, but I suggest raising about 70% of the pot rather than potsized. The king on the turn makes a flush possible and is higher than your 10 pair. When the villain leads out for more than half of his remaining stack, it seems very likely that he has you beat. In general, I try not to commit too much of my stack in spots where I only have a pair. Here in particular, you do not have top pair or top kicker. I would suggest playing it safe and folding. I hope this helps. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Thanks a bunch! Now that I see it again, it really didn't make sense for me to stick to the hand. I "felt" he had nothing, but that was just whishful thinking.

By the way, what's the next step?

Comment

By the way, what's the next step?
                              Next Step The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.