PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll builder

Hii I just registered on PokerStars and found out about this promotion. Am i eligible? Thankss = )

Originally posted by Angel.LiS2 View Post
    Hii I just registered on PokerStars and found out about this promotion. Am i eligible? Thankss = )
    Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Comment

Hi Angel.LiS2, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
      John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok thankss = )
        Last edited by Angel.LiS2; Wed Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Bankroll builder Session Feedback
          Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
          Readless, Preflop I Raised about the total pot size to try and limit the number of players. But most of them called and one raised all in. I decided to call but not sure if I should have. I got lucky and won that hand but maybe i should not have called since it isn't superior to AK or AQ or pocket A, K, and maybe Q.
          Last edited by Angel.LiS2; Wed Jan 16, 2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Angel.LiS2! With AJ (or any hand that I'm going to make a raise with), I'm going to make a standard opening raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10 chips. Everyone at the table calls except for the last opp to act, that shoves. This puts me in a really bad situation, because I'm behind bigger aces and also all pocket pairs. Also, I have absolutely no clue how many of the other opps may call too and AJ does not play anywhere near as well against multiple opps. Due to these reasons, I'm mucking AJ here (with as many opps that called my raise, I'm even mucking AQ or AK here, along with any small/mid pair). It's just not worth the risk to basically play bingo, especially with an unmade hand, as I only have ace high. One thing that we want to do as poker players is to not be results oriented. We want to make the best decisions possible for a given situation. If we continually do that, the good resluts will follow. There will be hands that are played well that lose, along with ones that are played poorly and win. The key is to make the best decisions possible. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Please let me know when you attend the Getting Started live training session, because that has to be done before we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

is it the one under live training and the one where I have to sign upp?
                I think the one tonight at 9 pm eastern? thanks

Comment

Yes, it's the one under live training. There will be other ones that you'll have to attend and participate in later in the process too.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK thanks john. I signed up for itt.

Comment

I attended the session. now what's my next step? thanks :-)

Comment

Hi Angel.LiS2!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hii I passed the test = )

Comment

Hi Angel.LiS2!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I started with $1.60 and it started not well... BUT later I rebounded as you can see here. This was a very tough spot for me. I called easily thinking that I had the best hand with pocket K. But when he raised me i thought he had pair queen top kicker. Did I think wrong? What should I have doneee? Thenn it turned out great after. I was BB and so after seeing the flop I saw that I had many outs, so I played this hand out. = ) What do you thinkk?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.