PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bankroll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bankroll builder

Hi guys...
    just passed the poker basic quiz..
    then i haven't made a deposit

Originally posted by jncs2 View Post
    Hi guys...
    just passed the poker basic quiz..
    then i haven't made a deposit
    Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok i'll wait

Comment

ok i'll wait
        Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

done attending that lesson..

getting started
          bet sizing
          cash basics..

by ChewMe1
          Last edited by jncs2; Fri Jan 04, 2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

done attending that lesson.. getting started bet sizing cash basics.. by ChewMe1
            Hi jncs2, We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before? Just a note though that it was only the 'Getting Started' session that you needed to attend, you will have to attend the other sessions later in the promotion. Next Step Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats. Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
            Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

ohh ok..

nothing new actually.

but will it still count in the future or do i have to do it again... cause it's really hard to go attend those live trainings cause I'm in Philippines .
              Last edited by jncs2; Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:49 AM.

Comment

ohh ok.. but will it still count in the future or do i have to do it again... cause it's really hard to go attend those live trainings cause I'm in Philippines .
                Unfortunately you will have to attend them again but only when instructed to do so. These sessions are scheduled at different times on different days to suit all timezones. Wednesdays are best for your time zone For now just follow the next step as outlined above. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

not really sure what did i just do is there a chart or something that I can study what ranges fold,check or raise?
                  i know I shouldn't play this weak hand but it's fun.. xD
                  Last edited by jncs2; Sat Jan 05, 2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

how should I maximize this in chip earnings. As Ac - was this played right?

Comment

what next?

Comment

what next?
                        Cheers jncs2 and thanks for posting these hands. I've asked one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you and he'll post some feedback later on today. Once the hands have been reviewed for you we can continue on and I'll advise on the next step then. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi jncs2! With 88, instead of making a larger than normal raise (a standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper), I'm going to call here and try to setmine. If there was not a limper in front of me, then I'd raise to 6 chips with it. When there are raises and calls before it gets back to me, I do not want to re-raise with a marginal hand. I will either call and see if I can get an 8 on the flop or fold. If I do not get an 8 on the flop, then I will need to also fold. With K3s into a family pot, while the cards are suited, it's not a good starting hand, so I'm mucking it immediately and looking for a better spot to get my chips into. Flopping 2 pair with it, I will make a pot-sized bet on the flop. If I'm raised, it's most likely due to a flush and I'll need to muck and I don't want to overbet, as then I'll only get called or raised by a flush and fold out all the hands that I'm ahead of. On the turn, when the board pairs, if I'm going to bet here, since there are only 2 opps, I will make a 2/3 pot raise.... anything larger than this is a problem too, as I should only be called by a hand that beats me. The key to maximizing earnings is by standard bets. Betting too much or too small is a HUGE tell as to the strength of your hand. With AK, I will make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will bet 40 (not more, not less). I flop an A, but there is a 10 on the board. I need to bet this flop and will make a standard c-bet of 1/2 pot. If I'm raised, it's most likely by a 10 and I can fold. If I get called, then I can do the same thing on the turn if the turn card does not hurt my hand. The very small bet (100 into a pot of 505) is a bet that looks fishy, as it's too small. The overbet preflop screams strong hand, the check on the turn says one of two things, either I'm beat or I can't be beat, then the fishy turn bet makes your hand look like AA or 10 10 and any opp that does not have AA nor 10 10 should stay in the hand. Bet sizes are the key. AA: once again, standard raises. I will raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper preflop. With 4 limpers, I will raise to 7BB or 70. On the flop, once again, I will make a standard 1/2 pot bet (210). When the opp shoves, I'm snap-calling it with AA. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks it really help alot

Comment

thanks it really help alot
                              Next Step Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.