PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hello,
    I am applying for the Bankroll Builder.I want to know if i am eligible for this promotion.

Originally posted by flavian27 View Post
    Hello, I am applying for the Bankroll Builder.I want to know if i am eligible for this promotion.
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you, I'll follow your advice and will wait for the decision umbup:

Comment

Hi flavian27, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
        John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder Have I played my hand correctly? The agression of betting postflop was enough or in the future should I be more carefull with this kind of cards?

Comment

Hi flavian27! With a limp in front of me, from UTG+1, I'm mucking Q8s here. It's a hand that is marginal-at-best and is something that I do not want to be playing out of position. When there is a raise and calls behind me, Q8s will most likely not be the best hand, so I also want to muck this preflop. I only want to be betting and putting chips into the pot when I'm ahead or if I have a draw with enough equity to do so. Here, I do not. If I was in the hand and saw that I hit top/pair bad kicker, especially out of position, I need to make a bet both for value and to see where I'm at in the hand. Due to there being 6 in the hand, I'd need to make a pot-sized bet, so I'd bet 92 (if there was only 1 opp in the hand, i'd bet 1/2 pot). If any opp raises, it's an easy fold for me. If any opp calls, then I'm check/folding unless I improve. I have to make the bet a pot-sized bet due to the large number of opps in the hand, if I bet less (or if they all stay), the opps WILL be getting the correct odds to draw to the spade flush... which is something that I would not want to have happen (the reason that I do not want to be calling many bets preflop, as I want to raise or fold). The same thing on the turn, I need to make at least a 3/4 pot bet, or the opps will get the right odds to draw. The keys in this hand are to muck marginal hands out of position preflop and to make correct bet sizes after the flop, so that the opps are making a bad play by calling.. and not a good play. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi flavian27!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder Hi, I have already passed the poker basic course. Thank you umbup:

Comment

Hi flavian27!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bankroll Builder Hello, I want to say thank you because i received my first 2$ buy-in and also i wanted you to know that i have attended The Bet Sizing live training. Talk to you soon!umbup:

Comment

AK slowplay In this situation slowplay is a good tactic?umbup:

Comment

Hi flavian,

Firstly I like 3-betting the short stacked opener, but your bet sizing is too small... shoot for roughly 3x the size if his open, which in this case would be .24c... min-raising to .15c gives him too fair a price to take a flop against you and doesn't charge him appropriately for continuing with worse hands, plus it invites others behind to speculate cheaply and take a shot at getting your stack.

Generally I would just bet the flop as the preflop 3-bettor even when I flop strong like this, but in this particular case slow playing the flop is ok for a couple reasons: 1) You have the board crushed, and more importantly 2) You can get the rest of his stack in only 2 betting rounds since he's short to begin with. When he stabs the turn I like flatting, if he's bluffing this allows him one more chance to bluff at the river. Just raise his river bet to put his last .15c in, he will have to call with any made hand and you're almost always winning here so don't leave that last .15c on the table.
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi flavian27!

Please let us know whether you are still playing with this buy-in or if you have lost it.

John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, I am still playing that buy-in. I want to know what are the next steps? Thank youumbup:

Comment

Hi flavian27!

The next steps will not be until you either earn 10VPP's with the buy-in or to lose it. Please let us know what happens and then we'll be able to go to the next step.

John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.