PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

shynleigh355
    Hey, i've always played with play money, read a lot of articles a watched many videos about poker,now i'm interested in this promotion, can someone helpe me? i dont know what i should do now, and i'm new here.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by shynleigh355; Tue Dec 18, 2012, 07:06 AM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi shynleigh355, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
      John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

bankroll builder Thought could extract more value from the hand until the turn, but the river hit his range
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi shynleigh355! With QJ in position, I'd raise or fold this preflop here, mostly raise unless there are a number of aggressive opps at the table that still have to act. I will raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with 3 limpers I will raise to 6BB or 1200. This will hopefully thin the field and will have me in control of the action on the flop. The flop gives me trips, but there is also a flush and many straight draws. Here is why I want to raise preflop. If there are only one, two or three opps, I can make a bet that can have them make a negative play to call, but with a table full of opps, I can't do that. Beacuae of this, I will make a pot-sized bet (1800). If there were less opps, I'd bet less (1/2 pot). The turn completes the diamond flush and a straight. If I had raised preflop and made a pot sized bet on the flop, I'm checking the turn for pot control. With the way the hand has played out, I'll bet 1/2 pot and re-evaluate on the river. When I'm raised, it's going to be from a straight or flush, so I'm going to muck and look for a better situation. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Please let me know when you attend the Getting Started live training session, so that we can then move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey, man, I've just seen the "Getting Started" session today with GarethC23 at 18:00 (ET) umbup:
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi shynleigh355!

Nice try... but you may want to see this forum post, as the training TODAY was cancelled, so there is no way that you attended and participated in it. Please attend the session, as we cannot move forward until you do so.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

no man, you got me wrong, i'm not kidding, i'm not talking about today, i'm talking about January 2th, the point is that i'm in a different country, I really saw the "Getting started session 2/1/2013 at 18 pm (ET)", i registered my self to participate, i dont know if it's possible, but you can check out.
                  I am sorry if that was the impression, but cause of the difference between the hour here and the hour of the post, there's the confusion.
                  Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

The Jan 2nd one with Gareth WAS the one that was cancelled (as were all of the Jan 2nd trainings). You could register for it, but it never happened. I also do get a list of everyone that attends all of the sessions each and every day.

Please attend and participate in the live training session, as it's a mandatory item to proceed to the next step.

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

apologies lo

ow man, sorry, thank you, i didnt pay attention to that, you're right, that's why yesterday the trainer wasn't saying anything, and i thought it was really weird, but i didnt want to cause any troubles, so i said nothing. Thanks man, i'm gonna try this getting started session, january 3th at 21:00 (ET). Sorry for any problems i may have caused, thanks
                      Last edited by shynleigh355; Fri Jan 04, 2013, 01:24 AM.
                      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

hey man, i watched the session that was mentioned on the above post with "TheLangoiler", and he introduced us to the functionalities of the software. Again, i'm sorry man for that, i'm ready to move on the next step
                        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi shynleigh355!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, I've read the whole session and passed the quiz!
                            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi shynleigh355!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.