PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

I'd like to try this promotion!

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Comment

Very loose table of course, so I had a feel that my hand was good, and plus I had a nut-flush draw on the guy, so I went over the top. I hope you find it an okay play!

Comment

Hi,

Nice to see that you know how to use the hand replayer and nice pot!

Please attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions and pass the Basic Assessment Quiz. Once you have completed that..let me know and your first Bank Roll Builder we bill awarded to you

Good luck!

Comment

Okay, I attended tonight's class and passed the "Poker Basics" quiz. Next steps would now be what?

Thanks!
            Last edited by buzzzzz saw; Fri Dec 21, 2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Did you find the session useful?

Your first Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this real money buy-in at a full table(9 players) 1/2c 9-max NLHE table.

If you encounter any situations that where difficult during your session, please post a hand replay here in your thread and I'll assist you!

Good luck!

Comment

An interesting one here. I may well have been too cavalier, but it worked out nicely in the end. I had noted the opponent's aggressive play earlier and felt he was a likely C-bet follow-up bluffer. So on flop I thought I'd flat call in position with my bottom pair and steal-raise on turn, representing the flush. When instead I hit 2-pair and assumed opponent may have hit his Ace too, I decided to shut down the action by making it either too expensive for him to draw to a flush or, if he called, it was likely with a weaker hand at this point anyway. Problem perhaps (probably?) is that my shove was such an overbet that it was foolhardy and inadvisable. On the other hand, if EV seems quite positive, why not get them in the middle? Btw, even though this table had open seats at the time of this hand, at the time I sat down to it, it was full with no sit-outs. Is that still okay for the sake of this promotion? Thanks!

Comment

And here's another one I'd be interested in feedback on.. I entered the pot on this rather tight table raising a guy who had been limp-call-folding all session long. I felt also that if I got other callers, the hand would play well speculatively as well. So I did get 3 callers, and I landed in position, so far so good. The flop obviously did not connect, but seemed very worth trying a "value-seeking" C-bet there in position, representing the set and hoping to take it all down right there. But I got called and a scary turn card came down, so I had decision to make.. Opponent had always seemed to play a pretty tight game, so should I fire a medium C-bet again hoping he had only a lesser pair and would fold to my "set"? Or bet sizably so as to price out his hoped-for flush draw? Or just play it safe and give up? All considered, including the dangerous board, it seemed wise to surrender, as I doubted he only had a lesser pair, given his conservative style, and it seemed dumb to risk a big bluff bet. As it was, the possible flush also came in on the river. Which is probably what he was after because he pounced on the river bet. I folded, losing only 20¢ on my speculation, all told. Opponent won 50¢. Using my late position, I had succeeded in keeping the pot small while still probing for a decent 2.5:1 payoff. Your thoughts?
                  Last edited by buzzzzz saw; Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Have now attended "Bet Sizing" training. Was definitely useful.

Any next steps now as far as the promotion is concerned?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, This is an okay starting hand that has a lot of potential! I really like your position at the table.umbup: Being on the button with positional advantage post flop at a short handed table with one 3x opener, I'd call and see a flop. What where your reads on this villain? When the flop comes and we call the villains continuation bet..what range are they doing this with? The turn comes the , this is a perfect card to get it in based on our stack depth as well the villains and the chips we have invested! At this point we are about a 62/38 favourite vs. a potential wide range of Ax that has a stray diamond. Very nice pot! I like your thought process! This is not a premium starting hand, but a hand that's very disguised post flop. 4x isolating a hand like this in MP is ultimately based on what the villains in the HJ, CO and BTN tendencies are. Our flop line is standard as the board texture has some card removal from villain's ranges, but let's take into consideration the SB, what range are they going to flat pre-flop and be in a positional disadvantage post flop? When we get c/c just shut down turn and river. Well played!
                      Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Dec 23, 2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzzzz saw View Post
                        Have now attended "Bet Sizing" training. Was definitely useful.

Any next steps now as far as the promotion is concerned?

Thanks!
                        Hi,

Take the Cash Game Quiz and you can earn a 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin! Let me know once you have completed it!

Also, >>click here<< for a complete overview of the remaining stages.

Good luck!

Comment

Completed the cash-game quiz! Enjoyed it, too.

And I suppose that by now I have earned at least 10 VPPs at the 1/2 NLHE full-ring tables. So does that mean that two Bankroll-Builder portions will be released now?

I presume that I may play only full-ring games, never 6-max games until all Bankroll-Builder portions have been earned, is that correct? But I'm sure it's still okay to play the odd 10¢ or 55¢ or FPP tournaments, right? I just want to be clear on all that..

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzzzz saw View Post
                            Completed the cash-game quiz! Enjoyed it, too.

And I suppose that by now I have earned at least 10 VPPs at the 1/2 NLHE full-ring tables. So does that mean that two Bankroll-Builder portions will be released now?

I presume that I may play only full-ring games, never 6-max games until all Bankroll-Builder portions have been earned, is that correct? But I'm sure it's still okay to play the odd 10¢ or 55¢ or FPP tournaments, right? I just want to be clear on all that..

Thanks!
                            Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

After passing the Cash Game Quiz, only 1 buyin will be awarded and once you have accrued 10vpps with the 2nd buyin a 3rd buyin will be awarded.

Yes, when it comes to the Bank Roll Builder buyins this promo is only to be used for (9-max)Full Ring 1/2c NLHE and not for Zoom, 6max, MTTs or SNGs. As for your FPPs that is entirely up to you, play what you'd like to.

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within 24 hours! Let me know once you have received your 2nd buyin and accrued 10vpps.

Good luck.
                            Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I'm sure by now I've earned the required 10 VPPs. Probably even 20. If it is 20, would both the last two apportionments be released? Or is it earn 10, announce, wait for award, earn 10 more after that, announce, get last apportionment?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.