PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Just signed up to pokerschool online, never deposited to pokerstars before. Can someone get me started please?
    effendor

Originally posted by effendor View Post
    Just signed up to pokerschool online, never deposited to pokerstars before. Can someone get me started please?
    effendor
    Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Just signed up to pokerschool online, never deposited to pokerstars before. Can someone get me started please? effendor
      Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK, I attended most of the classes with Dave TheLangolier.

Comment

OK, I attended most of the classes with Dave TheLangolier.
          Hi effendor, Just the 'Getting Started' for now, the other sessions come later in the promotion. Next up play on the 'Play Money' full-ring tables only (9-handed tables and make sure there aren't too many empty seats) Then post a hand that you were not sure about or had difficulty with using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.
          Once you post your hand we will review it for you and continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hand for analysis Bankroll Builder I'd like to know if I should have flat folded preflop, raised, etc. What should I have done differently? Lost all my play chips in one hand effendor

Comment

Hi effendor! With KJo from the cutoff, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper on a cash table. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 250. If villain 3 raises me (their raise should be to 3X my bet or 750) then it will be an easy fold with KJ. The way it was played, when there is a raise and a call after me, I'm going to fold KJ here everytime, as someone most likely has an A or a pair and is ahead of me. The flop gives me top pair/2nd kicker. When it folds to me, I'm going to make a value bet. I would normally bet 2/3 pot (1066) due to a possible OESD and two opps, BUT, this is well over 1/3 of my stack, so I'm pot committed. Due to this, I'm shoving the flop. I don't want to bet less than 2/3 pot, because if the opps do call, they will be getting the correct odds to call to try to outdraw me. Unfortunately, the opp does outdraw me, but I could have avoided this by raising preflop, then folding to a raise by villain 3. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Whats next?

Thanks for the feedback, what do I do next in the Bankroll Builder promo?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, what do I do next in the Bankroll Builder promo?
                  Hi effendor, Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Passed the quiz

Um, I passed the quiz when I first signed up...... It's like the most noticible icon on the home page.

Comment

I passed the quiz
                      Hi effendor, You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that! Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in. Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too. Good luck! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Could I have won more? Just wondering if I played the hand correctly, or if I should have bet less on the flop. Haven't lost any money yet .....

Comment

Just wondering if I played the hand correctly, or if I should have bet less on the flop. Haven't lost any money yet .....
                          Thanks for posting this hand. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you and offer some feedback. Once he does this we can continue on. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Losing hand lost a load of money on this hand, about 10 mins after last post.

Comment

Forgotten me?

I submitted hands for analysis last Wednesday, just wondering if you'd forgotten about me?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.