PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hi!

I started playing on PokerStars a few weeks ago. Only playing freerolls and fake money. After a few tourneys i had won 3$ after a 9th place in a sit & go.

I started playing cash-games. My bankroll was growing steadily, i got myself to 13$ using only the 0.01/0.02 tables.

But unfortninatly i found myself one evening not concentrating enough and one or two glass of wine to much in the body and lost it all. Ive now learned my lesson. I will never play poker again when im not focused in my mind, and will never combine poker and alcohol again.

But since i havent invest any money in my account im not that dissapointed of myself. I feel I have what it takes to get a long way at the tables.

Can you help me build my Bankroll up again? Ive already completed the Poker Basics quiz.

Best regards Cyradiz

Originally posted by cyradiz View Post
    Can you help me build my Bankroll up again? Ive already completed the Poker Basics quiz. Best regards Cyradiz
    Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Can you help me build my Bankroll up again?
      Hi cyradiz, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. These classes are schedulded at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)
      Raiser umbup:

Comment

Getting Started Live Session

Hello!

Now I have attended one of the live sessions "Getting Started".

Best regards, Cyradiz

Comment

Hello! Now I have attended one of the live sessions "Getting Started". Best regards, Cyradiz
          Yes, we see that you attended. What did you think of the session? Learn anything useful? Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats. Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum. Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.
          Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi royalraise85, Ive been playing some freerolls and some playmoney cashgames. During my latest cashgame for playmoney, this hand was one I was curious about. What is my play here. I call flop for 80, that seems correct given the open straight draw? Given the turn i have a strong pair and straight draw, tho now i can assume someone else might have a straight, i call 100, should i have folded the hand? After the raise i assume i definitly should have folded? I see river and fold. Thanks, Cyradiz

Comment

Hi royalraise85, Ive been playing some freerolls and some playmoney cashgames. During my latest cashgame for playmoney, this hand was one I was curious about. What is my play here. I call flop for 80, that seems correct given the open straight draw? Given the turn i have a strong pair and straight draw, tho now i can assume someone else might have a straight, i call 100, should i have folded the hand? After the raise i assume i definitly should have folded? I see river and fold. Thanks, Cyradiz
              Hi Cyradiz I would actually suggest folding KJo preflop here. There is an utg limper and then a raise in front of you. This means that any of the players left fo act, or the limper, may choose to 4bet making this too expensive to play. Secondly, KJ is a bit weak, it often gets dominated by AK or AJ. I suggest being on the cautious side with your hand selection while starting out. You can expand your range as you gain experience. As played, you have good odds with your open ended straight draw to call on the flop. The turn is good for you, but not because of the pair. Having middle pair vs two players on this drawy board does not rate to be the best hand. But being a heart, it does give you more outs for a flush. You now have 9 flush outs and 6 straight outs. You could still be drawing dead against AK or Ax of hearts though. Even if we discount several of your outs, the odds still make it worth calling both times on the turn. Good fold on the missed river. This is a typical example of getting involved in drawing hands that don't pan out. In general stick to good spots for playing prospective hands. I like to have true suited connectors or Axs. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Got ya!

I realise that KJ is not the very best hand, and should have folded it to a raise.

But i suppose from time to time, depending on position etc i could limp with it. But as you say im putting myself in the position of drawing for straight and flushes..

Ill remember this for the future. Talking about future, how to proceed building my bankroll?

I played a Bankroll Mob freeroll yesterday and got 51th place. So got myself $0.07, which im going to use in some sit & goes to try to generate those into the $0.8 i need to be able to play cash games. Could you help me with this? I want to start playing at the cash tables.

Best regards Cyradiz

Comment

to be able to play cash games. Could you help me with this? I want to start playing at the cash tables.
                  Hi cyradiz, Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi royal!

Thanks, the quiz has been passed for some time now

Best regards, Cyradiz

Comment

Hi Raiser,

Still no buy-in on my pokerstars account. Is the money on its way or is something wrong?
                      Im eager to start building my bankroll

Best regards, Cyradiz

Comment

Hi royal! Thanks, the quiz has been passed for some time now Best regards, Cyradiz
                        Hi cyradiz, OK, by doing the steps before you are asked delayed the system a little. You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that! Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in. Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too. Good luck! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hello Raiser! Ive been playing some at the 0.01/0.02 cash tables now. Ive reached above 3$ and are getting back into my game. Ive not yet attended the live session for bet sizing. Im usually betting half pot atm. Im unsure on what hands to call raises pre-flop. Most hands should be folded i suppose, but take a look at this hand, it turned out quite nice, but is it the correct play? Best regards, Cyradiz

Comment

Hi cyradiz,

This one is kind of read specific I think. If the opener is doing so loose, then I would generally 3-bet to isolate him. If they are tight, folding is a fine option vs. their UTG raise. And if a call will tend to bring lots of overcalls then the call is ok as ATs plays well enough in a multi-way pot. On your stack size this may be the best option after folding.
                            Head Live Trainer
                            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ive not yet attended the live session for bet sizing.
                              Hi cyradiz, Next step is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' training. Use the time while you are attending wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the trainer while you are there, it's a great way to learn. Let me know once you have attended and we can continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.