PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hello! I have been a member of PSO for a short while, have never made a deposit and already completed the poker basics course. Do I qualify for this promotion?

Originally posted by 7yay View Post
    Hello! I have been a member of PSO for a short while, have never made a deposit and already completed the poker basics course. Do I qualify for this promotion?
    Hi 7yay, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 7yay, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer. John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Live Training

I have just completed the live training with ahar010!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi 7yay In this hand I strongly recommend folding to the preflop raise. QJs just isn't strong enough to go with. Suited connectors are great to play against multiple opponents when we can see a flop cheaply. This is because we sometimes flop very strong hands with a flush or straight. We only want to play them though when we can see the flop cheaply. You won't win often enough to make paying large preflop bets profitable. Furthermore, be careful about flopping a pair with suited connectors. You will often be facing a pair with a better kicker, or an overpair. Again, with suited connectors, we are looking for straight or flush draws, not pairs. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Hi 7yay, You were a bit unlucky in this hand. However, let's take a closer look. You were smart to check the hand down to the river since 107s is pretty weak. You made your straight on the river, but any time we have a straight (or a flush) we need to look at the board and see if someone can have a better straight than us. In this case, it was possible for someone to hold Q10 and that would have fit the action thus far in the hand. The same is true when we have a flush but aren't holding the A. When we recognize this danger then we can adjust our line. Rather than reraising, we can just call. This will save us some money in the cases where we are beat. It is hard not to lose money in these spots, but we can try to minimize the damage. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

So now that I have completed these two steps, what is the next one?

Comment

Hi 7yay!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey John! I have already completed the Poker Basics course and quiz!

Comment

Hi 7yay!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks a bunch for all the help and speedy replies!! umbup:

Comment

Hey John!
                            I have received the $2 Bonus (and didn't do well with it ) and I am enrolled in the bet sizing live training on the 27th.
                            I'm going to post a couple of hands that I wasn't too happy with.
                            Thank You

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.