PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll builder

Hi,
    I've signed up to PSO for a while but have not deposited yet. I wanna join this promo and wanna see if i qualify for it. Thanks.
    HGSA
    Last edited by HGSA10; Wed Nov 07, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL 9-max/ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Comment

Hand Replayer 66 open-raise, 2 limps, BB shove all-in, Hero folds? Seems 2 limpers after me not that strong, otherwise there's reraise. BB shoves all-in doesn't feel strong too as it is a 10+ times 3-bet, not a normal 3 times 3-bet, looks like he wanna get us fold rather than a strong hand, his range may well be ace high and JJ/QQ. If I call and the two limpers fold, it's a coin flip against BB if he had A7+ and I am ahead if he got A2-A6. Should I have called?
        Last edited by HGSA10; Thu Nov 08, 2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

&quot;Getting started&quot; completed

Hi,
          I completed the getting started live training section.

Comment

Hi, With in mid position I like the raise to try and isolate the UTG limper. When we open 4x with about an 80bb stack and get 1 caller BTN>> a huge 3bet from the BB this is a tough spot most times we should fold with that type of action ahead of us, but there are times when we have reads about the villains tendencies where a re-raise all in can be justified! Good fold! The next stage in your Bank Roll Builder promotion. You will need to take the Basic Assessment Quiz. Please let me know once you have passed it and your first buy-in will be awarded to you. Good luck at the tables!
            Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Nov 09, 2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,
              I hv passed my quiz and thx for your advice. Do u recommend us to play tighter in NL2 and bluff less?

Comment

Originally posted by HGSA10 View Post
                Hi,
                I hv passed my quiz and thx for your advice. Do u recommend us to play tighter in NL2 and bluff less?
                Hi,

Well done on the quiz, your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this buy-in at the 9-max/full ring 1/2c tables and if you encounter a hand that you did not feel to sure about post a hand replay and I'll analyze it for you.

This is how the 3 remaining buy-ins can be awarded to you:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Yes for now, try to avoid bluffing at 2nl and focus more on value betting/bet sizing/player notes.
                Best of luck to you at the tables.
                Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I wanna ask if I can also gain a buy-in if i attend the cash game quiz as it said in the promo? Thx.

Comment

Yes sure once you pass the Cash Game Quiz you will
                    qualify for the 3 steps for the remaining buy-ins
                    Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Nov 10, 2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

tough spot when AA face JJ this hand. Should I call this hand on turn or should i just shove all-in like what i did? Anyway it costs me 70bb. Luckily, tight play works and the $0.6 bankroll climbs to $3.57 today

Comment

Hi, Nice to hear you are doing well at the cash games with your first buy-in! :A:A When the action folds around and the SB limps, I'd raise it 4x the big blind +1 for their limp (10c). What where your reads on the villain? On the flop when the villain min bets 2c, this can mean a lot of things. They can be on a draw, 2nd pair, they have top pair, a set or in rare situations a straight. I like the raise size to 12c as we can get value from a wide range of Jx (QJ KJ AJ JT J6 J5 J4 J3 J2 and flush draws possibly inside straight draws aswell), but when the villain min 4bets us to 22c this is just super strong and on a board texture like this their bet is weighted toward 2pairs+, I'd elect to just flat their 4bet re-evaluate the turn, depending on their bet sizing on the turn a fold with AA might be the line to take (totally dependant on the reads we have on the villain). Re-raising all in on the flop to get a drawing hand to call or top pair is also fine. Key questions to ask ourself when raising: 1.) What range am I trying to get value from? (Value) 2.) Am I raising to get a better hand to fold? (Bluff) Good luck at the tables!umbup:
                        Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

A question on the buy-in. Should I set a limit of profit/loss as to decide when I leave the table? Cuz sometimes I am afraid of losing the entire stack by a bad beat or a downswing. Like on one occasion, a player on the table re-raised all-in almost every hand others' raises, especially those UTG raiser, CO/BN raiser and SB raiser. I supposed it was a ace-high range all-in cuz he didnt play his JJ+ like that. Then there's a hand everyone folded to him, he limped in on CO, I got 99 on SB raised to 4BB, then he shoved all-in with around 75BB, I called. He showed AQs, a queen appeared on the river and he won.

Comment

Originally posted by HGSA10 View Post
                            A question on the buy-in. Should I set a limit of profit/loss as to decide when I leave the table? Cuz sometimes I am afraid of losing the entire stack by a bad beat or a downswing. Like on one occasion, a player on the table re-raised all-in almost every hand others' raises, especially those UTG raiser, CO/BN raiser and SB raiser. I supposed it was a ace-high range all-in cuz he didnt play his JJ+ like that. Then there's a hand everyone folded to him, he limped in on CO, I got 99 on SB raised to 4BB, then he shoved all-in with around 75BB, I called. He showed AQs, a queen appeared on the river and he won.
                            If you feel that you are playing your A+ game and the table is soft(juicy action) continue playing. Table selection is very important along with a clear/focused mind, overall this will maximize your profitability in the meantime also in the long run We had reads/notes on that villains tendencies, about half of the time we will win 99 vs AQs, it's a classic coin flip situation, 53% in your favor pre-flop. Good luck at the tables, if you have any questions about poker, I'm here.umbup:

Comment

Hi,
                              Thx for the advice, Cannon. I will definitely post more questions here when there are doubts
                              Btw, I have just passed the cash game quiz and also earned the 10VPPs. Hope I can qualify for the next two buy-ins.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.