PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bankroll Builder

    Hello!

    I'd like to start playing this game properly and this Bankroll Builder promotion seems a great way to do it.

    How should I start?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
    Hello! I'd like to start playing this game properly and this Bankroll Builder promotion seems a great way to do it. How should I start? Thanks!
    Hi pluffypulufy, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow! Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
      Hello! I'd like to start playing this game properly and this Bankroll Builder promotion seems a great way to do it. How should I start? Thanks!
      Hi pluffypulufy, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
      Raiser umbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey Raiser!

        Sorry about the wait. I finally found a couple hours to learn more poker.

        I just attended a couple live training sessions with GarethC23, which helped me TONS! He's doing a great job!

        Anyway, I attended the following sessions on 11/07 with GarethC23:
        .Getting Started
        .Bet Sizing
        .Cash Basics
        .The Daily Game

        I did record a couple hands but still not sure if they are interesting enough. I'll post it when I find one really interesting and intriguing.

        What's our next step now?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
          I did record a couple hands but still not sure if they are interesting enough. I'll post it when I find one really interesting and intriguing. What's our next step now?
          Hi pluffypulufy, That is the next step, post a full ring play money only hand here in this thread using the hand replayer. One you do this we can analyse the hand for you and continue on from there. Thanks for attending the live training sessions and glad to hear you found them useful. Raiser umbup:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
            Hi pluffypulufy, That is the next step, post a full ring play money only hand here in this thread using the hand replayer. One you do this we can analyse the hand for you and continue on from there. Thanks for attending the live training sessions and glad to hear you found them useful. Raiser umbup:
            I didn't get many interesting hands with play money, but here is a hand I won but I wondered if I should have bet at river or do anything different. Something was telling me he was winning because he kept calling it. Anyway, I only played a bit aggressive like that because I had position and everyone seemed weak, except for the heads up dude. Here is the hand replayer link and any advice would be great:
            Last edited by pluffypulufy; Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:47 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi pluffypulufy! With 33 here and already having an opp min-raise and two others call, I'm going to call too and try to setmine and hit a 3 on the flop. If I did raise, I would need to make a standard raise, which is normally to 3X the previous bet, but with multiple callers of the first raise, I'd need to make a pot-sized raise which would be to 19. By making a smaller raise, it makes my hand look to the opps the way it is (a weaker hand with potential). By making standard raises, it helps to conceal the strength of my hand. The opps won't know if I have AA, 77, 33, AQ, JTs, etc. With two more min raises and calls, I'm just going to call behind here for 4 more chips and see the flop. I see the flop 7-ways and get a pair and an A on the board. Since I'm behind here basically every time, when it's checked to me, I'm going to check and hope to see the turn. If I would have made a standard raise preflop and did not have anyone behind me raise, that's the only time here that I would make a c-bet and I would size the c-bet at my std bet (1/2 pot). I see the turn HU, but most likely behind in the hand. The turn's a 5 and the opp makes a very abnormal bet (1/100th) of the pot. Especially with me making a sizable bet on the flop, seeing a bet like this from the opponent, I'm raising here and would raise to 1/2 pot (102). The opp calls, then checks the river Q. I'm going to check here and here's why. The opp has called many larger than normal bets and is still in the hand, so they could be ahead of me with any higher pocket pair, 7, A, 5, Q. All of the cards on the board, if the opp has one, beats my 33. If my pocket pair was larger than some of the cards on the board, then I may consider a thin-value bet of about 1/3 pot here, but with the way the opp played the hand, they could easily have my 33 beat and I don't want to bet again and give more chips away to the opp if I do not have the best hand. I will, however, absolutely be making a note on the opp that they will call bets all the way down to the river with absolutely nothing but two small suited cards (that never even had a chance to make a flush in the hand). If I run into this opponent again, then I could put this information to good use and possibly make additional bets against them with made hands and win more from them in the future. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator



              6 Time Bracelet Winner


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
                I didn't get many interesting hands with play money, but here is a hand I won but I wondered if I should have bet at river or do anything different.
                Hi pluffypulufy, Now it's time to earn your first buy-in. You will need to study the Poker Basics course and then take the Basic Assessment quiz for it. Your first buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hrs of passing the quiz. Use this buy-in to play the real money 1/2 cent NLHE cash game tables. Play only these tables to continue in this promotion and earn more buy-ins. Let me know when you pass the quiz! Raiser umbup:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                  Hi pluffypulufy! With 33 here and already having an opp min-raise and two others call, I'm going to call too and try to setmine and hit a 3 on the flop. If I did raise, I would need to make a standard raise, which is normally to 3X the previous bet, but with multiple callers of the first raise, I'd need to make a pot-sized raise which would be to 19. By making a smaller raise, it makes my hand look to the opps the way it is (a weaker hand with potential). By making standard raises, it helps to conceal the strength of my hand. The opps won't know if I have AA, 77, 33, AQ, JTs, etc. With two more min raises and calls, I'm just going to call behind here for 4 more chips and see the flop. I see the flop 7-ways and get a pair and an A on the board. Since I'm behind here basically every time, when it's checked to me, I'm going to check and hope to see the turn. If I would have made a standard raise preflop and did not have anyone behind me raise, that's the only time here that I would make a c-bet and I would size the c-bet at my std bet (1/2 pot). I see the turn HU, but most likely behind in the hand. The turn's a 5 and the opp makes a very abnormal bet (1/100th) of the pot. Especially with me making a sizable bet on the flop, seeing a bet like this from the opponent, I'm raising here and would raise to 1/2 pot (102). The opp calls, then checks the river Q. I'm going to check here and here's why. The opp has called many larger than normal bets and is still in the hand, so they could be ahead of me with any higher pocket pair, 7, A, 5, Q. All of the cards on the board, if the opp has one, beats my 33. If my pocket pair was larger than some of the cards on the board, then I may consider a thin-value bet of about 1/3 pot here, but with the way the opp played the hand, they could easily have my 33 beat and I don't want to bet again and give more chips away to the opp if I do not have the best hand. I will, however, absolutely be making a note on the opp that they will call bets all the way down to the river with absolutely nothing but two small suited cards (that never even had a chance to make a flush in the hand). If I run into this opponent again, then I could put this information to good use and possibly make additional bets against them with made hands and win more from them in the future. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                  Thanks a lot for the analysis John! I can see clearly now that I made a lot of mistakes, which wasn't that clear to me since I won that particular hand. I'll try to use a lot of the advices you gave on the post on the next games. Thanks again!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                    Hi pluffypulufy, Now it's time to earn your first buy-in. You will need to study the Poker Basics course and then take the Basic Assessment quiz for it. Your first buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hrs of passing the quiz. Use this buy-in to play the real money 1/2 cent NLHE cash game tables. Play only these tables to continue in this promotion and earn more buy-ins. Let me know when you pass the quiz! Raiser umbup:
                    Hi Raser. I studied all the Poker Basics course. I just passed the Basic Assessment quiz (11/11/03). Looking forward to continue in this promotion! Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
                      Hi Raser. I studied all the Poker Basics course. I just passed the Basic Assessment quiz (11/11/03). Looking forward to continue in this promotion! Thanks!
                      Hi pluffypulufy, Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in. Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too. Good luck! Raiser umbup:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                        Hi pluffypulufy, Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in. Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too. Good luck! Raiser umbup:
                        Hi Raiser! I was just playing some real money tables with my first buy-in. Feels way more tight than play money tables. Pretty fun! I'll post here the problematic hands I get. As for the 'Bet Sizing' live training session, I already attended that along with 'Getting Started' live training session with GarethC23 on 11/07. Do I need to attend it again? If not, what is my next step into this promotion? Thanks!
                        Last edited by pluffypulufy; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 03:10 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pluffypulufy View Post
                          Hi Raiser! As for the 'Bet Sizing' live training session, I already attended that along with 'Getting Started' live training session with GarethC23 on 11/07. Do I need to attend it again? If not, what is my next step into this promotion? Thanks!
                          Hi pluffypulufy, Thanks for attending the Live Training. For now just play the 1/2 cent full ring tables and post here for review and hand you had difficulty with or cost you a lot of chips. Once you do this we will analyse it for you and continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          X Cookies Information

                          We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.