PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing iNdiSskyS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing iNdiSskyS

Good evening I am not sure if this s the way to go about starting here or not. I wonder if anyone could advise me on what to do next. Really, all I have done so far is Poker Basics course. Ive done quite a few quizzes too. Thank you for your help and feedback

Hi indisskys131, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer
    John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good morning. I attended the getting started live training last night. I'm not sure if there was a problem with my internet or not. Only one person asked a question. I didn't ask anything because it was pretty basic stuff, as the name says.

Comment

Getting started

Hi there, OK..Ive completed the getting started training session. actually I did it twice

Comment

Hi indisskys131!

You now need to go play on the play money tables and then post a hand that you had problems with using the hand replayer. Once you have done that and one of the hand analyzers have gone thru the hand with you, we'll move to the next step.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you. I will do that.

Comment

I'm not sure if I did this correctly as far as copying it... The hand though..3 questions Should i have even posted blinds here? Should I have bet or not if I posted? If I had bet which amount would have been good?
              Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
              Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Comment

Hi indisskys131! This looks to me like it's a torunament hand and not from a cash table. You may want to look at playing some full ring play money tables, as they will play differently and have a different strategy than in a tournament. The reason that I say this is that when you earn a buy-in, the 1/2 cent full ring tables will be the ONLY ones that are to be played with it. Playing any other style of table or game will disqualify you from earning further buy-ins, in this promotion. With 77 on the first hand of a tournament, unless I know the others at the table, I'm just going to muck here to start with. 77 is a hand where I want to see a cheap flop and hope to hit a set... and on the first hand, I normally don't have any idea if someone else at the table will put in a large raise or shove. If they do, I cannot call with a marginal hand like 77, so I'd be losing my inital bet. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi indisskys131!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz and reply here, your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hey, thanx. Im sorry about the hand being from a tourney.
                    i couldn't seem to figure out why the hands i request only showed tourney hands. The test or quiz...I have passed it. Maybe I did some things in the wrong order
                    Im not very tech savvy.

Comment

So, it would have been good to just post the blind...
                      My problem is discipline....and focus a times. I will do something I know isn't the right move. When I straighten out i do much better.
                      I couldn't get the hand history for the play money table. i'm sure its a setting or something?
                      Thank you for your insight and time

Comment

Hi indisskys131!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Waiting

Good morning,
                          Ive finished bet sizing live training with horror
                          I'm still waiting for Pokerstars to validate my ID. So I haven't been able to get onto the 1 2 tables

Comment

It's been over a week since I sent in my credentials to validate my ID. I'm losing steam...getting discouraged.

Comment

Hi indisskys131!

We'll look into it on our end. Thanks for letting us know that was cleared up, as since it's personal information, the only way we can find out is from you.

John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.