PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hi!

I've just finished the Poker Basics Quiz succesfully. I have
    never deposited money to my PokerStars account and want
    to qualify for the Bankroll Builder Promotion.

Looking forward to your reply,

Tom

Originally posted by TomJack1 View Post
    Hi! I've just finished the Poker Basics Quiz succesfully. I have never deposited money to my PokerStars account and want to qualify for the Bankroll Builder Promotion. Looking forward to your reply, Tom
    Hi TomJack1, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi! I've just finished the Poker Basics Quiz succesfully. I have never deposited money to my PokerStars account and want to qualify for the Bankroll Builder Promotion. Looking forward to your reply, Tom
      Hi TomJack1, Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder. To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread. Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.
      Also please attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session. You'll find this session daily in the Live Training section. Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Raiser, Here is the difficult hand you asked me to post using the Hand Replayer: It's a hand with Queen Eight suited (d). An initial raise got reraised. I called because I thought my cards to be strong. 9h 3d 9s on the flop, small draw for flush or two pair/boat. With 2h on the turn I folded. What do you think of my play here? I'm not completely happy bout it.. I just completed the three courses as well, "introduction", "bet sizing" and "cash games", from HoRRoR77. I hope we can move on to the next step. Cheers, Tom

Comment

Hi TomJack1, Thanks for posting! I'll ask one of the hand analysers to take a look at this for you, once he's done that we can continue on from there tomorrow! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi TomJack,

Q8 is a very weak hand in this situation facing a raise and reraise... in the beginner coursework as you go through this process, there should be a starting hand chart... review this closely when you get to it, that will give you a starting framework that will keep you out of bad spots like this. Also fold on the flop, you could easily be drawing dead to running cards here, and are a very longshot to win now.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, @TheLangolier Thanks for considering my hand, I will search those charts up and keep them in mind!umbup: @Raiser I believer I'm ready to move on. I'll await your next post. Cheers, Tom

Comment

Hi, @TheLangolier Thanks for considering my hand, I will search those charts up and keep them in mind!umbup: @Raiser I believer I'm ready to move on. I'll await your next post. Cheers, Tom
                Hi TomJack1, Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there. If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step. Raiser umbup: Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Excellent! Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another should this happen. Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you. Also, attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section. When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Raiser, I feel quite a bit embarrassed cause I lost my $2 buy in.. Played too much hands in the end I think.. I did however follow the Bet Sizing live training. The most difficult hand so far is this one, where I have Ace-Seven Suited: Should I re-do this step or can we still continue?! Cheers, Tom

Comment

Hi Raiser, I feel quite a bit embarrassed cause I lost my $2 buy in.. Played too much hands in the end I think.. I did however follow the Bet Sizing live training. The most difficult hand so far is this one, where I have Ace-Seven Suited: Should I re-do this step or can we still continue?! Cheers, Tom
                      Hi TomJack1, No worries, I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at this for you and offer some feedback. Once he does this we can continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi TomJack1

This was an interesting hand with several study points worth noting.

Firstly, preflop you are facing an early position limper and raiser. Playing from early position is usually an indication of a fairly strong starting hand. A7s is much too weak to reraise in this position. I recommend folding since you are not going to be flopping a flush draw often enough to make the a profitable spot to play this hand. If you do decide to re-raise I recommend going with the standard bet size which is 3x plus 1x for each caller. Your min-raise just builds the pot and often entices even more players to join the action.

Secondly, be very careful about calling large bets on the turn or river. Without a good read, I would give the villain credit for have a strong hand. You have top pair, but a weak kicker. You should fold these spots and wait for a better situation.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Should I re-do this step or can we still continue?! Cheers, Tom
                          Hi TomJack1, We'll continue, please attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section. Let me know once you've attended and we can contimue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Raiser,

I've attended the Cash Basics Live Training yesterday.

Cheers. Tom

Comment

Hi Raiser, I've attended the Cash Basics Live Training yesterday. Cheers. Tom
                              Hi TomJack1, Thanks for that and I can confirm that you did indeed attend yesterdays session with Chris. Now we want to get you your 2nd Bankroll Builder buy-in. Study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this. Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.