PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ysoares' Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ysoares' Bankroll Builder

Greetings,

I would like to know if I am eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks in advance,

Yuri (ysoares)

Originally posted by ysoares View Post
    Greetings, I would like to know if I am eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion. Thanks in advance, Yuri (ysoares)
    Hi ysoares, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! >>click here<< for a complete guide of what PSO has to offer. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. For a complete overview of the steps in this promotions please >>click here<< Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hey Raiser,

Thank you for the reply. I will be waiting your advise and the steps to take in case I be eligible for it.

ysoares

Comment

Hi, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck at the tables.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

I tried to retrieve my hand history while inside a play money table, but the pokerstars client popped up a window saying play money hands couldn't be retrieved. Is it a temporary thing or is it a problem with my client? I had a saved hand here that I played during a MTT and got me kinda mad, as it was a straight flush but no one commited to the pot after the flop, but I think I played it right, just bad luck after all

Comment

And regarding the Live Training Session, I am already registered to watch today's Getting Started with the Pokerstars. I will provide feedback as soon as I have attended to it.

Comment

Alright, just attended to Getting Started with Pokerstars Live Training Session with ChewMe1 and I am ready to continue.

Cheers!

Comment

I have downloaded and installed a new Pokerstars client and the play money hand history issue is now solved. So here are a couple of hands I believe to have played correctly, but correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

I have already attended to Getting Started with Pokerstars. I'm waiting for further instructions.

Comment

Hi, Please take the Basic Assessment Quiz/Course, let me know once you have passed it and you will be advanced to the next stage in you Bank Roll Builder.umbup: What where your reads on the villains in this hand? is a good hand and has a lot of potential post flop. With 3 limpers ahead of you can either: 1.)Limp in to see an affordable flop and play fit or fold. 2.)Raise 3x the big blind + 1 for each limper(this line is entirely dependent on the reads/tendencies that we have on villain 2, 5, 9..are they loose passive etc..) The flop is fine to be semi-bluffing the flush draw as the action checked around to us on the button, I like your bet sizing of 1/2 pot as it doesn't inflate the pot if we get called or if one of the villains chooses to check raise the default 3xbet, although 3/4 pot bet is also optimal depending on table dynamics. The turn is still an okay spot to be semi-bluffing when checked to. I'd bet a little bit more than 1/2 to 3/4 pot in this spot (ex. 350 to 400). What where your reads on the villains in this hand? Let's discuss this hand a little bit more. is a solid broad way hand in the cut off position. Facing 2 limpers I'd raise 3x the big blind + 1 for each limper. On the flop I'd bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot (ex. 500 to 750) as it's a really dry board. If you have any hands that you do not feel to sure about please post a replay of them here in your thread and I'll help you out! Good luck at the tables!

Comment

I have read all the Basic Course and also passed the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Both the hands mentioned were played in the same table, where the opponents were playing quite tight and controled, despite the common recklessness we see in play money tables.

And for the bet sizes, I tried to keep them in accordance with the pre-flop raises, raising post-flop by the same ammounts as not to give them any clues about my hole cards.

Should I raise post-flop according to my pre-flops bets or should I stick to pot-size relative bets?

Thanks for the advices!

Comment

Originally posted by ysoares View Post
                        I have read all the Basic Course and also passed the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Both the hands mentioned were played in the same table, where the opponents were playing quite tight and controled, despite the common recklessness we see in play money tables.

And for the bet sizes, I tried to keep them in accordance with the pre-flop raises, raising post-flop by the same ammounts as not to give them any clues about my hole cards.

Should I raise post-flop according to my pre-flops bets or should I stick to pot-size relative bets?

Thanks for the advices!
                        Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Bet/raise post flop for value or a bluff, the size of your bet should be 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the pot (ex. pot total=600 >> bet 300 to 400, pot total=1200 >> bet 600 to 900).Keeping my bet sizing the same each time post flop will make it difficult for the villains to range me accurately.

Your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.! Please use this buy-in at the 9-max 1/2c real money tables.

Good luck at the tables and if you have any questions about hands that you played post a replay here.

Comment

Alright, got it!

As soon as I receive the buy-in I'll start playing at those tables and share some hands.

Thanks!

Comment

Here's a hand I believe to have played correctly before the river, when I should have just checked instead of betting. But, at least, I folded it instead of losing in the showdown. Besides that, are there any more tasks I can accomplish in order to continue building my bankroll?

Comment

What where your reads on the villains?

QJ in the big blind with limpers ahead of us is a check option.

On the flop we have top pair, but readless I'm bet>>folding to a raise or checking,
                              I'm out of position and will not feel comfortable about my hand with no reads on later streets.
                              There is such a wide range that the 3 villains are limping, even though a limping range is percieved as
                              a weak range there will be times players limp strong broadway hands or high pocket pairs.

It is very important to take notes and develop reads on the villains at the table.
                              (ex. what are they range of hands are they showing down)
                              I'd like to see your bet sizing adjusted to 1/2 pot or 3/4 pot when value betting, for instance
                              betting such a small amount post flop (ex. 2c on the river) is telegraphing our hand as not so strong and can often
                              get bluff catched or easily or raised..

I hope this helps.

If you have lost your first buy-in please take the Cash Game Quiz and post the hand that lost here for analysis, once you have passed the quiz let me know and your next buy-in will be awarded. Please >>click here<< for a complete overview of the Bank Roll Builder Promo.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.