PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bankroll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bankroll builder

Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Alex
    Last edited by trippywoods; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 05:11 PM. Reason: ps. no deposit made yet

Originally posted by trippywoods View Post
    Hi there, I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion? Can anyone help? Alex
    Hi Alex, Nice to meet you and thanks for your interest in the Bankroll Builder promotion. We'll be able to advise on eligibility within 24 hours. For now have a look around the site, here's a LINK that you may find useful. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i don't know why but when i preview the message the hand appears as code so i also added a link http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0FEBAB086E i doubt that i will have any question regarding *play money tables, they all push and call with all kinds of hands
        Last edited by trippywoods; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Alex! With 22 on the button, I can do either of two things here. I can limp behind and try to setmine or I can make a std raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (raise to 10 here). If I raise, I don't want to raise a smaller amount, as I do not want to give the opps a +EV draw to beat me. The board gives me a set. The first opp leads out for 14 and after a fold, the next opp min raises and is called by the CO. With a set here, I want to raise and I will once again make a std raise (which for me in this type of situaiton is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise). This is to between 84 and 138, so I will raise to 110. I don't want to raise less than this, as I don't want an opp with a straight draw to have the correct odds to draw. The next opp that led out, min raises and is min raised again by the next opp and called by the CO. With a set here, I'm going to shove here. I most likely have the best hand and I want to do whatever possible to give the opps the wrong price to draw to beat me. There is a lot that one can learn from playing the play money tables. Making the correct bet sizes is something that a player can easily work on at them. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty John

It helps. I still have some bet sizing problems in cash games. (I mostly play SNG and tournaments)
            Preflop i decided not to bet more (villains call 10 as they call 8) and with ducks i didn't want to make a big pot preflop.

I totally agree with you on the flop raise. (the whole flop action was poor ... more like FL ).
            Not shoving because i considered villain 5 pot committed so i decided to see another card (if the board paired consider folding)

Alex
            Last edited by trippywoods; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Hi trippywoods! Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz. Once you've passed it we'll award you your first buy-in and continue on from there. Please let me know when you do this. Good luck!umbup: John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi there,

I passed the poker basics (now i'm studying for the cash game).

By buy-in you refer to cash to play in 0.01 cash tables? (upee!)

and as a ps. If i win in any freeroll can i receive the buy-in.

Ty

Alex

Comment

Hi trippywoods!

Did you attend the two live training sessions from post 3?

Please let me know when you do, as these are required to get the first buy-in.

Playing freerolls will not disqualify you from this promotion, however, playing cash tournaments or other style cash games other than 1/2 cent full ring NLHE cash tables WILL disqualify a member from further buy-ins.

Thanks,

John (JWK24)
                  Last edited by JWK24; Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:30 PM. Reason: add in freeroll info
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

No i didn't attend any of them.

In the(/live-training) /UPCOMING EVENTS/ i don't see any of the ones you mentioned.

I also (by mistake) completed the STT quiz

Sit & Go Quiz Promotion
                    *** First-time deposits must be made within 18 days of completing the quiz in order to receive the prize.(3x1.5$) so i now have only 17 days to get the buy-in and put it to good use
                    Last edited by trippywoods; Mon Oct 15, 2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

They will be listed and run every day (ones for today were earlier). The list is probably updating. Give it some time and they will show up.

There are 3 of them. Getting Started with Pokerstars and Bet Sizing are required now. Entering a Cash Game Pot will be with the next step.

John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi John

If I attend all at once (1 after the other Getting Started with Pokerstars, Bet Sizing, Entering a Cash Game Pot) will I receive 4$? That would take some pressure off (could reload if stack drops under 100 BB)

ps. I also passed all the quizzes (basic, cash game, stt and mtt)

Ty
                        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex!

With this promotion, it's one buy-in at a time.... although, if you attend all three, it will be one less thing that you will need to do later, which would be fine.

John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey there

Getting Started with Pokerstars - done
                            Bet Sizing - done
                            Entering a Cash Game Pot - done

What is the next step?

Alex
                            Last edited by trippywoods; Mon Oct 15, 2012, 09:51 PM. Reason: 1 more

Comment

Hi trippywoods! Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Use this first buy-in to play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in. Good luck!umbup: John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.