PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoeshayne's bankroll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoeshayne's bankroll builder

Hey guys, I haven`t made a deposit, how can I receive my bankroll?umbup: I've completed a couple of quizzes already, can i still apply for it?
    Last edited by Zoeshayne; Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by Zoeshayne View Post
    Hey guys, I haven`t made a deposit, how can I receive my bankroll?umbup: I've completed a couple of quizzes already, can i still apply for it?
    Hi Zoeshayne, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. We'll advise within the next 24 hours if your eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion. In the mean time feel free to browse www.pokerschoolonline.com. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PokerSchoolOnline has to offer. Thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline and best of luck to you at the tables!

Comment

Hi Zoeshayne, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practising on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

1st step.. Hey guys! I've listened to "Getting Started with PokerStars", "Introduction to Bet Sizing" and "Entering a Cash Game Pot" last night. Great courses, knew some of the important stuff, thanks to the coachumbup: Keep on reading the articles and completing the tests...

Comment

Hi, Play some hands at the play money tables and post a hand that you had difficulties with here in this thread. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer. Once you've done that, we will advance to the next step in your Bank Roll Builder.umbup: Good luck!

Comment

Problem with odds. Here is the problem that i can't get away now..The opponents were betting awkward, and i thought i had the odds for catching my set...I understand, that i should have easy-folded it, but where?...flop?... Thanks anyway guys..

Comment

And one more... That is so cute...

Comment

Here is the problem that i can't get away now..The opponents were betting awkward, and i thought i had the odds for catching my set...I understand, that i should have easy-folded it, but where?...flop?... Thanks anyway guys..
                Hi Zoeshayne, is a nice hand to try and flop three of a kind with as it is a very disguised hand post flop. There are a few lines to take with 1.) I can open for a 3x to 4x raise UTG, maybe call 3bet in a heads up(1 on 1) scenario in hopes to flop a set (three of a kind) on the flops where the villain connects with top pair, I can expect to win a big pot. 2.) I can open for a 3x raise UTG and fold to a 3bet as I will very rarely feel comfortable playing a 3bet pot post flop possibly out of position and at best I am hoping to set mine (flop a set) 3.) I can fold pre flop, it is very likely that a villain ahead of me has folded a :3 , which limits me to only 1 out also almost all flops are going go c/f (check fold) or rather fit or fold post flop. I hope 1 through 3 helps! What articles have you read here on www.pokerschoolonline.com? May I suggest that you watch TheLangolier (Dave Roemer "Head PSO Trainer" videos). >>click here<< Good luck!
                Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

That is so cute...
                  Hi Zoeshayne, I'd like to see you play more 9 seated No Limit Holdem. 3 handed I like the call with it's a implied odds hand and on the right flops very disguised! I would also lead out with a bet but for the amount of 3/4 pot for value when I flop a straight on an all :h flop, I'd be trying to get value from any flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>set>>pairs etc... When I get raised after leading out, I can: 1.) Take a passive line c/c (check call) and re-evaluate the turn if it is a :h as it is very likely a :h is in one of the villains hole cards. 2.) Raise 3x the amount of the min raiser to get value from flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>set>> over pairs etc... 3.) Raise all in to get value from flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>sets>>over pairs etc... If you have any questions about a 9 max No Limit Holdem hand that you have played, post them here in this thread.

Comment

Hi CannonLee,

About 33 - I was definitely going for a set on a flop, but thanks to my opponents i could check the turn with great odds (i only had to add 6 to the pot 94), and then for river too (add 10 to the pot 120). Maybe next time I'll eventually catch my set

I've read through most of the articles and successfully finished the quizzes "Poker Basis", "Cash game", "STT" and "MTT". The last ones with pretty low scores, so I'm reviewing the articles and looking for my leaks...

Thanks for advising TheLangolier's videos, I'll definitely check it out!

Thank you!

Comment

Hi, You will receive your first Bank Roll Builder buy in within the next 24 hours! umbup: Play at the 9 seated (9-max) No Limit Holdem 1/2c real money tables with your first Bank Roll Builder buy in. Also be sure to post hands in this thread with the replayer that you did not feel to sure about and I'd gladly assist you! Good luck! Win some big pots!
                      Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

1st session. Hey guys! Got the $2, thank you! Played the first session, everything went pretty well, going to analyze the hand history later...but the one's that I clearly remember having difficulties I'll post now... 1st. Even though got the pot, but I think my call on the flop was totally unacceptable... 2nd. And again problems on the flop...should i call this bet, or it's better to fold?... 3rd. Ace's are always nice to see, question about the turn...Should I be afraid of the flush or it is an easy call?.. Sorry if those questions are silly, but I really got stuck here...Thanks for your help anyways! Further hands I'll post tomorrow after the review of the session. So far: BANKROLL - $6.28 FPP - 3.86 Keep on going!umbup:
                        Last edited by Zoeshayne; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hey guys! Got the $2, thank you! Played the first session, everything went pretty well, going to analyze the hand history later...but the one's that I clearly remember having difficulties I'll post now... 1st. Even though got the pot, but I think my call on the flop was totally unacceptable...
                          Hi, Nice to see you got the buy-in. You are doing very well at the real money tables! Tripled your buy in and 1/3 of the way to 10vpps! Pre flop I would raise 3x the big blind in the high jack positio. I want to get the pot heads up, limping in is just inviting more players to see the flop and decreasing my overall hand value. On the flop I will just call the villain4 bet of 8c for pot control also for information from the button and small blind( if they have a :J hand, as it's a limped pot pre-flop) and re-evaluate the turn. The way the hand played out I will be folding to villain4 > 4bet jam, in a multi way limp pot on the flop a 50bb jam is rarely ever a bluff, it's very likely they could have connected with this flop with a wide range of hands, also lets factor in the button that called my 3bet raise on such a dry board.
                          . And again problems on the flop...should i call this bet, or it's better to fold?...
                          is a top 5 starting hand and definitely worth a raise of 3x the big blind pre-flop.umbup: The flop I completely miss, I could still have the best hand depending on how often the villains involved in this pot play a hand(range of hands) and their tendencies post flop(do they chase flush draws, straight draws etc..). I will continuation bet 1/2 pot, if I get called and my hand doesn't improve on the turn, I will put the brakes on and stop barrelling (bluffing) check and fold to any bets. Hopefully the action goes check>>check to get a free showdown with ace high or improve my hand on the river.
                          3rd. Ace's are always nice to see, question about the turn...Should I be afraid of the flush or it is an easy call?.. Sorry if those questions are silly, but I really got stuck here...Thanks for your help anyways! Further hands I'll post tomorrow after the review of the session. So far: BANKROLL - $6.28 FPP - 3.86 Keep on going!umbup:
                          On the turn it is possible that they have a flush, but if they did have it why would they raise such a strong made hand on the button and scare a worse hand out of the pot? Their turn raise could mean this: 1.) Raising for value with top pair to get action from a back door flush draw. There is a wide range of hands that they can be doing this with. (ex. JT JQ JA J8 etc..) 2.) Raising as a semi-bluff with or , maybe even in some scenarios a gut shot draw We have the back door nut flush draw. I'd get it in with on that board any day, there are just so many hands that we have dominated in this spot. Very nice pot!umbup:
                          Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Here we go. Hey guys! Obviously here came the expected - my leaks in the game killed me. More or less, my mistakes are obvious to me, but I'll post the hands that took biggest banks from me. Here they are: 1.Again overplayed the hand...should have check-folded the turn... 2.Really having doubt if i could somehow avoid this one...maybe if it wasn't for K on the river - could fold.. 3.Overplayed Jacks...hard to comment, again a big mistake, should have folded after 4bet.. 4. That was actually pretty fun, never saw anything like this before Results are actually pretty bad...lost the whole bankroll, the only thing that somehow supports my mood - I've hit the 10 FPP on the last hand...So: BANKROLL - $0 FPP - 10.32 p.s. Currently thinking about depositing $10 to get the tickets from the SNG quiz, and, mainly, to have a deeper bankroll for avoiding this kind of bankruptcy...and + the promo bonus...maybe its a good idea. Thanks for helping me out guys, appreciate it! Cheersumbup:

Comment

Hey guys! Obviously here came the expected - my leaks in the game killed me. More or less, my mistakes are obvious to me, but I'll post the hands that took biggest banks from me. Here they are: 1.Again overplayed the hand...should have check-folded the turn...
                              Hi, I like the 3x raise UTG with ! We miss the flop and since we have the initiative in the pot on a relatively dry flop, a continuation bet of 1/2 to 3/4 pot is nice as there could potentially be some dead money in the pot, or we can get some thin value with our high from a range of flush draws and inside straight draws. The turn I would check>>fold to any bets as well the river.
                              2.Really having doubt if i could somehow avoid this one...maybe if it wasn't for K on the river - could fold..
                              I'd like to see a raise pre-flop with :K:T to about 8c, in these situations where it is blind vs. blind and the sb limps they just would like to see an affordable flop, they'll show up with such a a wide range that just about any K8+ A8+ should be raised for value Post flop on the turn leading for a 4c bet is fine and calling the check min raise from the villain is fine as we want to keep all of his bluffs in the hand and snap call the river bet. On the river I would not raise even though I'm holding top 2 pairs. I need to factor in that it was a limp pot and that 87 and low pocket pairs could certainly be well within their range. Ask your self this question each time you raise. What am I trying to get value from when I raise? This hand in general.
                              3.Overplayed Jacks...hard to comment, again a big mistake, should have folded after 4bet..
                              is a very tricky spot, I'd open the pot for 3x and fold to any 4bets from tight villains, most times at this level a 4bet means the top of their range AA, KK, AKs and QQ. Of course this all depends on the player tendencies and table dynamics as everyone has a different 4bet range. But there could be room to justify a 5bet jam against certain opponents that are capable of 4bet stealing from the blinds wide. (Loose villains) What where your reads on villain6? Curious to know..) For a moment their I was jumping for joy when I saw the in the window on the flop!
                              4. That was actually pretty fun, never saw anything like this before Results are actually pretty bad...lost the whole bankroll, the only thing that somehow supports my mood - I've hit the 10 FPP on the last hand...So: BANKROLL - $0 FPP - 10.32 p.s. Currently thinking about depositing $10 to get the tickets from the SNG quiz, and, mainly, to have a deeper bankroll for avoiding this kind of bankruptcy...and + the promo bonus...maybe its a good idea. Thanks for helping me out guys, appreciate it! Cheersumbup:
                              hand is the best starting hand in holdem. I like the open raise size! When it comes to the villain 3betting from the big blind what where your reads? I'd like to see a bigger sized 4bet to around 60c as there was a caller behind from our original 3x open. If we min raise with and villain2 behind decides to flat and villain8 didn't 3bet with a legit hand then proceeding flat...it's just decreasing our overall value post flop. Interesting action with the raising pre-flop If you are to deposit at this stage of your Bank Roll Builder, you will no longer be eligible for the remaining buy-ins. I'll inform you shortly when the next buy-in will be awarded. You are learning very quickly and your thought process for poker is developing, I like what I see! Well done!
                              Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Oct 13, 2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.