PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

herndo30 bank builders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herndo30 bank builders

am i still eligible for this promotion?

Hi hendo30!

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi hendo30, You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!umbup: The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session. Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer. Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck at the tables.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

yep done that

Comment

Hi hendo30, Have a session at the play money games. Please post a hand that you were not sure about here in this thread using the hand replayer. >>instructions for the replayer<< Once you have done that we can continue with your Bank Roll Builder. umbup: Good luck!
          Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hendo30 View Post
              Hi hendo, in a short handed game is a very strong hand. With a total of 3 limpers ahead of me, I'd raise 3x the big blind + 1 big blind for each limper in the pot, this will help to ensure thinning the total players to see the flop also it'll increase my equity. On the turn I have high card value, but in a limped pot scenario 4way, I will be checking the turn for pot control. I don't want to bet the turn as I'd be charging myself to draw. The river completes my straight ten to ace, I can bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot for value as there is a possibility of a wide range of Tx, Jx and slow played Kx hands that our opponents limped in with. When I get check raised on this river depending on the amount I can: 1.) bet >> call 2.) bet >> fold (this depends on the table dynamics/reads/tendencies of the villain that has check raised me) The villain is representing a strong hand here on the river, I beat every hand except a flush and a full house. Here are some examples of hands that the villain has (ex. KK QQ QJ KQ +) that's a lot of hands that beat my straight. Remember this, we are playing against a range of hands. There absolutely nothing wrong with folding what appears to be a strong hand. Hope this helps!
              Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hi hendo, You will receive your first Bank Roll Builder buy in within the next 24 hours! umbup: Play at the 9 seated (9-max) No Limit Holdem 1/2c real money tables with your first Bank Roll Builder buy in. Also be sure to post hands in this thread with the replayer that you did not feel to sure about and I'd gladly assist you! We play against a "range" of hands. Good decisions and good luck at the table!

Comment

Comment

i take it thats about as bad as you can play a hand!!!

Comment

Comment

right odds to call on the turn looking for straight and right to fold on the river?

Comment

i take it thats about as bad as you can play a hand!!!
                          Hi Hendo, What are your reads on villain 2, 3 and 8? in the SB position can be a good scenario depending on the table dynamics, how many are involved in the pot and villain tendencies. But with 2 limpers and a 4x raise ahead of me read less I will be folding from the SB. Here are some reasons as to why I would fold preflop. 1.) I will be out position post flop in a potential multiway pot. 2.) These are the range of hands that I'm behind of (ex. AQ, KQ, QJ, AK, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA) Post flop read less, I flop top pair a check>>call line is nice as it's a really dry flop and most times I'll only get called by a better hand if I'm to bet, let's also factor in out kicked Qx hands that I'm ahead of (Q7 Q8 Q9) I want to keep that range in the hand. Let's focus on your bet sizing, I'd like to see you bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot with your value hands that have connected with the board, also starting hands and position
                          Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Oct 15, 2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

the hole table was super loose iv found this quite a lot....
                            in this kinda game do you loosen up your self?
                            and it was hard to put him on AQ as he just called pre flop

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.