PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lazyriff Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazyriff Bankroll Builder

Hi there, I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion? (I didn't ever made deposit but i think i've got some kind of experience cus i play on play money from 3-4 weeks, i'm doing pretty well i guess) Can anyone help? PS: Can i ask for some help from any trainer to tell me something about my hands? Here is a hand from last Poker school freeroll tournament, i had problems about my raise on Turn, should i maybe just check in case of flush draw or maybe i played good?
    Last edited by lazyriff; Tue Sep 25, 2012, 09:07 PM.

Hi there lazyriff, And welcome! We'll advise about eligibility within the next 24 hours .... In meantime I've asked one of the Hand Analysers to give you some advice on this hand. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi lazy,

The real problem is getting involved with Q6 in the first place. This is a poor hand, that does not flop well and plays terribly in multi-way pots. Just fold hands like this preflop and conserve your chips for better situations or better hand strengths.

The post flop spot you're in is a good illustration of why this is. Top pair with no kicker in a multi-way pot is a very marginal hand strength. I don't mind your raise over the small lead bet and calls, but I don't think we need to raise this much on the flop, maybe 300 should be plenty to discourage players from coming along. The problem now is that anyone who gives action either has you beat right now (at least top pair with better kicker) or a draw that has good equity against your holding anyway.

After the big raise gets called, I would just shut it down tbh, and give up on the hand. The villain calling this action either has you crushed on the flop, or has a flush draw, which then gets there on the turn. He should be beating you basically all the time now to call this strong flop action.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.