PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bank roll builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank roll builder

Hi there Im keen as to get involved with this bank roll builder promotion I havnt made any deposits whats my next move cheers Neil

Originally posted by Neildenize View Post
    Hi there Im keen as to get involved with this bank roll builder promotion I havnt made any deposits whats my next move cheers Neil
    Hi Neil, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline. To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread. Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us. Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ive watched one of the live training sessions and here is one of the hands I played at the play money tables,ive been playing in a couple of the open league tourney aswell. here is the link cheers Neil

Comment

Hi Ive watched one of the live training sessions and here is one of the hands I played at the play money tables
        Hi Neil, Good job posting the hand for review. I also see that you have attended the 'Team 6-Max Class' Live Training Session which is good but it's not the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' session that you will need to attend in order to get your first $2. It's really important that you complete each step as advised. Please attend the 'Getting Started' session, these are found daily in the Live Training session. In the hand you played above I think you played it very well. I like the preflop raise size in position and I liked the fold when we missed the flop completely in a multi-way pot. Good job there. One more step before we get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course. Once you have passed this quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion Once you've attended the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session and passed the Poker Basic course post back here and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

passed the poker basics

Hi there

So ive passed the poker basics test and watched the intro to poker stars,ive had a bit of a look at the cash game courses aswell.

Cheers Neil

Comment

Hi there So ive passed the poker basics test and watched the intro to poker stars,ive had a bit of a look at the cash game courses aswell. Cheers Neil
            Excellent! Now that you have passed the quiz your first $2 will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first $2 to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another $2 should this happen. Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you. Also, attend both the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions. These sessions are found daily in the Live Training section. When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far! umbup: Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks heaps for the $2 thanks heaps for the $2 here is a couple of hands I played I won a couple of them but just want to get your thoughts on them, Cheers Neil Denize

Comment

Hi I have done the bet sizing and entering cash games classes,I think this promotion and just the whole general program classes/courses and what not are great,they have improved my poker alot. cheers Neil umbup:

Comment

Hi I have done the bet sizing and entering cash games classes,I think this promotion and just the whole general program classes/courses and what not are great,they have improved my poker alot. cheers Neil umbup:
                  That's really good to hear. It's a good foundation to build on for sure. I feel your ready to study the Cash Game course and when you feel up to it have a go at attempting the quiz. Spend your time on this one The cash quiz is quite tricky but I can assure you that all the answers are there in the content of the course. If you've any questions about anything in the course please ask. Once you've passed the quiz we'll move on from there. Good Job! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Neil JJ hand, would be ok to 3b preflop here after an opener and caller, especially so since you're ona short stack, 3b and get it in would be my preference. if we were very deep stacked like the opener then I prefer flat calling. On the flop, you made a small bet. In the Intro to Bet Sizing class this situation would call for a big bet... you are likely to have the best hand when it's checked to you, and there's draws possible to get value from and protect against... a small bet gives those draws and overcards an easier call and in some cases correct call to try and improve their hand, and loses you value in the process. Turn bet could be a big bet as well, if you had made a big flop bet and gotten called, you'd be set up to make a big bet that was a shove on the turn, applying maximum pressure and getting good value in the process. 89 hand, fold this preflop... unless the stacks are deeper, and when you have more experience under your belt, you can start to make more speculation calls out of position from the SB but for now it will be difficult to play this well out of position multi-way, so folding is ok. On the flop I wouldn't fold directly to the flop bet and raise, I would probably call. Obviously we can be beat now by K9, AK beats us but with no raise preflop it's a bit less likely someone holds AK. But other hands that would raise on this flop texture will generally have good equity against us. 2 pair is in bad shape to our small end straight, but sets have a fair bit of equity and hands like KQ, and AdXd actually have a lot of equity in this spot. And with 2 players showing an interest we have to be concerned with this. I would generally call here, and be prepared to check-fold a bad turn card, and bet/raise on a safe turn card like the 4c. QQ hand, all looks good to me. umbup:
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Neildenize, How are you getting on with the Cash Game course? There's still another $6 there for you to earn. Let me know if you've any questions. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

cash game quiz

Hi there Ive passed the cash game quiz

cheers Neil Denize

Comment

Hi there Ive passed the cash game quiz cheers Neil Denize
                          Hi Neil, Congrats on passing the Cash Game course. Your next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Again use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent FullRing cash game tables and post back here any hands you had difficulty with or cost you money. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

single game tourneys

Hi

yeah the cash game course was a bit more tricky really good though do you want me to carry on with the single game tourney,or how do I go about unlocking the other $4?,Ive been getting stuck into the skill league tourney.

cheers Neil Denize

Comment

Here is a hand I played in the open league do you think I should of bet harder preflop

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.