PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bankroll Builder

Hi.

I have not made a deposit but have cleared the Poker Basics course ,am i eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion ?

Ty.

Originally posted by pinku135 View Post
    Hi. I have not made a deposit but have cleared the Poker Basics course ,am i eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion ? Ty.
    Hi pinku135 and welcome, We'll advise within the next 24 hours. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi. I have not made a deposit but have cleared the Poker Basics course ,am i eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion ? Ty.
      Hi pinku135, You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion and can earn up to $8 while learning the fundamentals of the game with PokerSchoolOnline. We like to start everyone, no matter how much experience they may have, off with the basics so to get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread. Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us. Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Thanks a lot will do it .

Comment

this costed me because i opted to slow play . . but i feel if had made a quality raise i would have saved my pot .

Comment

This i feel i played how it has to be .. Cheers ,

Comment

Hi pinku135, Thanks for posting these hands for review. I will ask one of our Hand Analysers to review these for you. For now please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions during this class. After you've done this post back here and we'll move on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Pinku I think you are right to conclude that the T6 hand was played much more effectively when compared to the A7 hand. Even though we did not get all-in action on our top two pair in the T6 hand we still won the pot, and were very likely to have the best of it were someone willing to go all-in with us. The A7 hand is a great example of when not to slowplay. Let's take a look at a few of the things going on: - Multiway flop: there were 6 players to the flop, usually the more opponents, the less sense (and more dangerous!) slowplaying can be. - Vulnerable hand: There are straight draws, flush draws, and plenty of made hands out there that can pass us on the turn. Any K,Q,J,T,9,8,6,5 or club turn could be the end of us, when put in context of all the possible holdings our opponents can have. That's a lot of cards! Usually a better place to slowplay is when we flop an invulnerable hand in a heads-up context. So say we raise UTG and the BB calls. If we have QQ and the flop comes Q22, this would be the ideal spot to slowplay, when compared to A97 6-way. It is worth considering all the possible hands we could have gotten a bet from, should we have bet A7 in position. I am thinking of hands like 97, AJ, JT, club draws, and even weaker hands than those. We definitely want to build a pot with these hands. The turn was quite bad for us, as it happens, and our kicker was counterfeighted. But I think you already know how things went wrong after that umbup:

Comment

Thanks a lot GarethC23 .
                  really a detailed a educative Hand review ..
                  thanks a lot for your guidance and tips .

Cheers ,

Comment

Thanks a lot GarethC23 . really a detailed a educative Hand review .. thanks a lot for your guidance and tips . Cheers ,
                    Hi pinku135, Thanks for posting these hands for review. For now please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions during this class. After you've done this post back here and we'll move on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Today ill be attending the live training session .

Cheers,

Comment

Hi,
                        I finished with live training done by trainer "chewme1".
                        what's my next step .

Ty,
                        cheers.

Comment

Hi, I finished with live training done by trainer "chewme1". what's my next step . Ty, cheers.
                          Great, you've done everything that's been asked so far and you've already passed the Poker Basic Quiz, well done! umbup: As a result you've earned your first $2 from the promotion. Next up please attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and ask plenty of questions such as 'what should be the correct bet size to enter the pot? what are good starting hands etc. Think about these 3 basic's before deciding if you should enter a pot. 1. My position at the table? 2. Is my starting hand good enough? 3. If I do decide to play this hand what should my bet size be? If you've any doubts about these make sure you ask the live trainer questions in the 'Bet Sizing' class. Let me know when you've attended the 'Bet Sizing' session and we'll move on from there. Raiser umbup:
                          Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Sep 30, 2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

One crazy hand !!

Comment

Next up please attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and ask plenty of questions such as 'what should be the correct bet size to enter the pot? what are good starting hands etc. Think about these 3 basic's before deciding if you should enter a pot. 1. My position at the table? 2. Is my starting hand good enough? 3. If I do decide to play this hand what should my bet size be? If you've any doubts about these make sure you ask the live trainer questions in the 'Bet Sizing' class. Let me know when you've attended the 'Bet Sizing' session and we'll move on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.