PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Builder

Hi,

I've not made a deposit yet. Am I eligible for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

-yeastar

Originally posted by yeastar View Post
    Hi, I've not made a deposit yet. Am I eligible for this promotion? Can anyone help? -yeastar
    Hello yeastar, And welcome. We will advise within the next 24 hours. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi, I've not made a deposit yet. Am I eligible for this promotion? Can anyone help? -yeastar
      Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder. To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread. Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us. Also please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Here's a hand replay I have also attended one of the live training section videos.

Comment

I have also attended one of the live training section videos.
          Hi yeastar, Good job on learning to use the hand replayer. Please attend one of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training sessions. These sessions are Live & Interactive and you can ask the trainer questions in real time. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Let us know when you've done this and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi yeastar! With AQ from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise here, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with no limpers, I will raise to 150. I don't want to open-limp, as this is a very weak play that can easily be exploited by any opp that has position on me. The flop gives me top pair, second kicker. If I had raised preflop, then the opps should check to me, in which case, I would make a continuation value bet of 2/3 pot (166). Since the opp in the SB makes a min bet, I will raise here by 2/3 the size of the pot, so I will raise to 250. I most likely have the best hand here and I want to be raising to get value for it. By calling, I lose out on three things. First, value from worse aces or anyone else that wants to chase a draw. Secondly, I find out absolutely nothing about the opp's hand. If I raise and they call, I can start to narrow down what the opp may be holding. Thirdly, by not raising, I give the opps the correct price to draw at a heart flush. If the opp has this draw, then I want to bet enough so that it is a negative play for them to draw. The turn should be a blank (unless the opp has 24 or 33). I need to also raise 2/3 pot again, both for value and to be sure that both opps have a negative play to draw at a flush or straight. Due to this, I will raise to 316. Any bet less than this amount is a positive call for the opps and I do not want to grow the pot when the opps expect to gain chips from it. The river completes more straights. I want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and hope that none of the opps has a 4. When the first opp leads out for 50 chips, I'll call this bet and if the other opp raises, then I'm folding. I do not want to raise here, as I could easily not have the best hand. The keys to this hand are to raise preflop, the flop and the turn. This way the opp has a -EV play to call and chase thier straight (or flush). By having the bets be less before the river, the opp is able to make a +EV draw that gets there and wins the hand..... something that I want to avoid happening whenever possible. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the analysis of the hand. I'll definitely try those bet sizing in the future.

I've watched the training video on 180 Turbos but it wasn't live though. Do I have to participate in a live training or can I watch the recorded ones? The timings of the live trainings are usually in the wee hours in the morning for where I am at.

-yeastar

Comment

Thanks for the analysis of the hand. I'll definitely try those bet sizing in the future. I've watched the training video on 180 Turbos but it wasn't live though. Do I have to participate in a live training or can I watch the recorded ones? The timings of the live trainings are usually in the wee hours in the morning for where I am at. -yeastar
                Hi yeastar, Check out the Sunday live training sessions for the Bankroll Builder, these are scheduled for a time that would be more friendly to your location. In the mean-time study the Poker Basics course and when you are happy have a go at passing the quiz. Once you've passed it post back here and we'll continue on from there. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Raiser,

I'll definitely attend the course this weekend. Also, I have passed the poker basics course previously.

-yeastar

Comment

Hi Raiser, I'll definitely attend the course this weekend. Also, I have passed the poker basics course previously. -yeastar
                    Good Stuff, The correct Live Training sessions to attend then would be 'Introduction to Bet Sizing' and 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' Both of these sessions are found daily in the Live Training section. These are short 15-20 mins sessions and they are perfect for where you are at now. These sessions prepare you for playing at the real money tables. Once you've attended these post back here and we award you with your first $2 to get you started on the real money tables. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Raiser, I'll definitely attend the course this weekend. Also, I have passed the poker basics course previously. -yeastar
                      Hi yeastar, Hope you are keeping well Did you get a chance to attend these training sessions yet, I want to credit you with your first $2. Just let me know what date you attended them on and we'll move on to the next step then, Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Hi Raiser,

Sorry for replying so late. I was busy the whole week. I did attend the introduction to bet sizing last Saturday or Sunday. Not too sure which day exactly.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Raiser, Sorry for replying so late.
                          No worries, you can follow this promotion in your own time.! Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion. Use this first buy-in to play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so and only play the full ring tables. Playing other limits and formats may make you ineligible for future bonuses. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another one should this happen after you post the hands you lost money with here for review. Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you. When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far! umbup: Raiser umbup:
                          Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Oct 05, 2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the first credit of $2 into my account. I actually started playing on the 1/2 cents table and have met with this situation. Though I won, I would lose on this kind of hand. I'm wondering if I made the right moves in this hand. The check on the turn card by villan 1 made me suspect he had at least a pocket pair and not a flush. - yeastar

Comment

Hi yeastar, Thanks for posting, I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to have a look at this for you. Once he does this we can move on from there. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.