PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Story

Well Sunday has come and gone, and no luck for me unfortunately. I managed to last till 70th of 320 in the Women's Sunday tourney, then got knocked out after shoving with ATos. I did outlast all the PS pros that were entered, so I don't consider it a total failure. A detailed description of my experience can be found here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=20655

I did have some luck on Saturday, I won my third Women's Sunday entry (T$ 55.00), as well as the following:

PokerStars Tournament #475222857, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $2.00/$0.20 USD
    5000 players
    Total Prize Pool: $10000.00 USD
    Tournament started 2011/12/03 15:15:00 CT [2011/12/03 16:15:00 ET]

Dear joy7108,

You finished the tournament in 124th place. A USD 11.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

I need to really review my play in this type of tourney, I seem to be able to make the money quite often but don't have enough chips for a really deep run. I think I'm playing just a little too tight for just too long, but I haven't figured out yet how to adjust. Something to work on this week.

All in all, not a bad weekend, if not quite what I hoped. Maybe next week I'll run better on Sunday , I'll be working hard to get another ticket or three for next week' tourney.

Bracelet Winner

I railed you for a bit (quietly). looks like you were doing fine!
    I'm gonna try to satty into one of these in the future.
    Still out of my BR, unfortunately.

Comment

Good job Joy umbup: In the tourney review, the first section of it I'd look at is your play right near the bubble.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I enjoyed reading your blog Joy ... congrats on the 'three-peat'! umbup: umbup: umbup:

Comment

No luck so far on a ticket for this week's Women's Sunday tourney - managed a second last night, but there was only 1 ticket awarded.

PokerStars Tournament #477369880, No Limit Hold'em
          Super Satellite
          Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD
          18 players
          Total Prize Pool: $90.00 USD
          Target Tournament #477369834 Buy-In: $55.00 USD
          1 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2011/12/07 20:30:00 CT [2011/12/07 21:30:00 ET]

Dear joy7108,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 18.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ticket would be better, but still a + for the bankroll.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Running Deep in Premier League

Not exactly Sunday material, but just had to post this. I'm currently 6 of 21 in the Premier league, this is my third game, and I've placed better than 30th in all three games.

Seems that all that studying I've been doing is starting to pay off, and as Jason Mercier says, Lady Luck likes the guys that practice the most!!

Last edited by joy7108; Sat Dec 10, 2011, 06:38 AM. Reason: typo
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

All in with As Jd, and it didn't quite work out. Out in 16th place, but still pretty OK, good positive points for sure. umbup:
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
                  No luck so far on a ticket for this week's Women's Sunday tourney - managed a second last night, but there was only 1 ticket awarded. PokerStars Tournament #477369880, No Limit Hold'em Super Satellite Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD 18 players Total Prize Pool: $90.00 USD Target Tournament #477369834 Buy-In: $55.00 USD 1 tickets to the target tournament Tournament started 2011/12/07 20:30:00 CT [2011/12/07 21:30:00 ET] Dear joy7108, You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 18.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account. Congratulations! Thank you for participating.
                  All in with As Jd, and it didn't quite work out. Out in 16th place, but still pretty OK, good positive points for sure. umbup:
                  As awesome as money and tournament dollars are, sometimes those league points would feel like the most precious prize of all, eh? umbup: Nice goin' Joy!!!

Comment

Thanks Sam.

It's Sunday again, I still haven't managed to get a ticket to the Women's Sunday tourney, so my lineup for today:

PS Women - Weekly Ladies Party Finished 3rd
                    Women's Sunday satty .50R - won ticket to Last Chance satty
                    Sunday Storm
                    Women's Sunday Last Chance satty 5.50 10 seats gtd. - out 69th I hate turbos
                    Facebook Poker league $1.10 $500 Gtd. - Early out, AJ < K?9h hit 4 hearts on board
                    10th Anniversary Giveaway Final
                    10th Anniversary Sunday Million satty $22 Rd. 3

I'll update these throughout the day. Good luck everyone, and remember to have fun out there.

Last edited by joy7108; Sun Dec 11, 2011, 09:43 PM. Reason: Updates
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck Joy

Comment

Thanks Sam.

It's Sunday again, I still haven't managed to get a ticket to the Women's Sunday tourney, so my lineup for today:

PS Women - Weekly Ladies Party Finished 3rd
                        Women's Sunday satty .50R - won ticket to Last Chance satty
                        Sunday Storm - early out brain fart shoved AdJd into AA, and it held up
                        Women's Sunday Last Chance satty 5.50 10 seats gtd. - out 69th I hate turbos
                        Facebook Poker league $1.10 $500 Gtd. - Early out, AJ < K?9h hit 4 hearts on board
                        10th Anniversary Giveaway Final - out 2749 of 25K
                        10th Anniversary Sunday Million satty $22 Rd. 3

I'll update these throughout the day. Good luck everyone, and remember to have fun out there.

Taking a break till the 10th final, I'm not running well and I'm playing worse. Think I'll watch some football and forget about poker for a bit.

Last edited by joy7108; Mon Dec 12, 2011, 01:17 AM.
                        Bracelet Winner

Comment

19th Anniversary Final My stack gets a much needed boost in this hand, was praying I wasn't up against an over pair. ps. title s/b 10th
                          Last edited by joy7108; Mon Dec 12, 2011, 12:03 AM. Reason: typo
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Saved by the river!!
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Out 2749, not bad out of 25K, if not quite what I hoped for. Hands were scarce, other than the two KK hands. I shoved with A7 sooted in late position with less than 10 BB and A8 os in the final hand with less than 2 BB. I was playing much better in this tourney so I feel better even though I didn't quite make it.

One more big tourney to go.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.