PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad move???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad move???

i was in a poker tournament last sunday. I was short chips stacked only had 7800 to everyones 50k+. i was in BB with Ac and Ks. a guy raised in late position. everyone folded to me. so pushed all in he had queens. should i have folded that with his raise in late position?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...K-vs-Underpair

You might find this post helpful...esp. The Langolier's post about 3 or 4 down.

Good luck!

Comment

Often in late position, one tends to be a little less tight than in early position, your AK was likely a good call.
      To have that late position caller wake up with QQ was unfortunate, and that your AK didn't improve also unfortunate because it put you out. But I think you made the right move, considering your stack size relative to the field.
      Likely too, they would expect you to have any two cards.

good luck in the future - may that AK hold up for you!

Comment

Absolutely the Right Move

With the stack sizes of your opponents, you absolutely made the right move. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is letting a bad result alter how you think. You should concentrate on whether or not you made the right decision. I know this is tough, but bad beats and cold decks will happen. The only thing you control in poker is your decision-making process, make that as bullet-proof as possible and the wins WILL follow eventually.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!!
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.